Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Travel crate advice: soft sided?

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Pam, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    Hi,
    We will be visiting some relatives and also a class I may be interested in requires bringing a crate so...I am thinking my wire crates are a pain to fold up and open up. Does anyone use softsided crates? Any recommendations?

2. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    We use a soft crate at agility. Probably the most popular around here is the Noz2Noz Sof-Krate. We have a big one and can fit two dogs into it with room to spare! It’s really sturdy and lasts forever.

3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I have a soft sided crate that I use at shows and when Piper needs to take a break. I much prefer them over metal, super easy to set up and much lighter. The one I use is probably a large as I could easily fit 2 Shelties in it and there'd still be room to spare.

4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Only get a soft side crate if your dog is totally ok with being in a crate......
    Cranberry was in soft crates his whole life until one agility match- he put a hole in the door and got out while I was running another dog:gaah

JacqueZ likes this.
  5. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    We have a k & H Manufacturing Medium Size crate, and it's held up well. We got it when mango was a puppy. It's much easier to use than the wire ones, and reasonably sturdy. As a puppy Mango struggled in crates and it held up to her. At 34 lbs now, she'd easily escape if she really wanted to, but she and Honey ruff house around in it without any issues. Honey likes to dig at it as a game and they both hide in it and lunge out. Fits great in my 2 door car too.