Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Well, we did it...

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by ghggp, Aug 14, 2017.

1. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Baron graduated from beginners obedience today!!!
    Whooo...

He did everything I asked! Maybe not perfect but enough to pass!

We started out With 12 in the class. Today for the graduation, only two dogs showed up! Baron and a 6 month old Great Dane!

It amazes me that folks sign up for these classes and never finish! Geez, even if you don't want to compete at least go to have a well manored dog!

Two weeks ago he seemed to forget to sit when I would stop... today he sat perfectly each time I stopped! He did so well I was pleasantly surprised!

We have another class scheduled for September... another beginning obedience class... want him to be in different environments so he understands he needs to listen no matter where!

Last night I was doing a training walk around the neighborhood and he saw two young boys playing ball in the front yard. He was so frightened by their fast movements it took me half a block to regain focus!

We have a long way to go... but proud of him today for graduating!

Piper's mom, tesslynn and Hanne like this.
  2. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    Baby steps :) That's awesome, and the rest will come :)

ghggp likes this.
  3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Congrats- you are on your way:winkgrin:

ghggp likes this.
  4. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Isn't it a wonderful sense of accomplishment?

ghggp likes this.
  5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    That's fantastic, he's doing so well! Piper used to have issues with lots of things on walks and he still hates skateboarders but if I see something coming up on the walk (other dogs, skateboarders etc) I'll either change direction or put him in a sit/down stay. Avoid going in the direction if it's going to set your dog back. Good luck in September, you guys are doing great!

ghggp likes this.