Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

What to teach next?

Discussion in 'Sheltie Training' started by MissyGallant, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Matsuki

Matsuki Forums Enthusiast

Aug 2, 2015
    Tokyo, Japan
    I think I need to do this...Sansa is hilariously oblivious sometimes and I think it would help. Any suggestions on teaching heel? I've been teaching tricks in a bizzare order...she doesn't heel properly but she's already got weaving down like a pro. (so fast, it's hard to keep up walking as she weaves)

2. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    Besides all the important commands like "leave it" and "wait", it is fun to teach the difference between "nose touch" and "paw touch" and then apir with items. Beau needs to be kept constantly busy so we have been working on identifying objects and then combining with nose vs. paw touch. It is a fun different type of game and a bit less restrictive than the other commands--I'll have him run to the object to touch now.

That said, I would second taking all commands on the road. Beau is fabulous doing everything at home and pretty good in training class but take him to a store or a parking lot and it all changes--so we are working on that.

Pam, mom of Beau, 15 months

Hanne likes this.