Didn't definitely say yes to the dog or anything, but we are going to go meet him (the dog) Saturday. Also saw that there's a sheltie placed with the humane society in a nearby county. A few qualms about that, but it's worth checking into. I'm guessing humane society means dogs caged in a warehouse until adoption vs. placed in a foster home. We'd much prefer to adopt from a foster situation (and thus get to talk to the foster parents), so we'll see. I know it was only a week ago when I decided I wasn't comfortable taking in a sheltie while I had to worry about my health, but the family wants to proceed and there are ways to make sure the dog is taken care of if I'm not up to all the walks. At the moment, I'm going with the flow and assuming shelites keep popping out of the woodwork for a reason.