Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Wish us luck...

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by ghggp, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Ah yes, the diarrhea after anesthesia... my first three girls were very prone to this. I do think it's a combo of stress and the drugs. Glad to hear he made it through fine and is recuperating. I never feel completely at peace until they are home safe again, even though I have every confidence in my vet and their staff.

Brooke also had some painful teeth with pulp exposed... she lost 22 teeth (eek!!!) but is so much better now and it hasn't slowed her down with eating or chewing a bully stick. Some dogs just have genetically bad teeth. My poor kitty also had major bad teeth and lost both upper canines a few years ago. Has only slowed down his gopher catch, not much else! ;)

Hope you are back to your normal routine by tomorrow. Hugs to Mr. Baron.

2. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    OMG! Poor Brooke! I hope she did not have to lose 22 teeth all at once! My sisters little female Jasmine lost 12 once... I thought that was a lot!

You are so right, some have bad genetics when it comes to teeth. Also, I think environmental conditions can add to it too! Poor Jasmine was used as a backyard breeding dog, she also did not get quality food or vet care. She is paying the price now for that neglect!

Baron did much better yesterday! Stools were totally normal thank goodness!

Hanne and tesslynn like this.