Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

2017 Club Obedience and Rally weekend

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by Calliesmom, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    so we had our annual obedience and rally trial this weekend.
    I had Cranberry entered in Preferred Novice on Sat and Dix was in on Sun. Cran Qd and got his title. I messed up with Dixie and managed to NQ us on Sun. Pretty sure that we have videos so we'll get those up later.
    We also had team obedience on Sat- Dixie was on one team and Cran was on the other. so we got first and second there:winkgrin:
    Then I had entered Cran in Master Rally, Excellent B and Advanced B. He Qd all three classes getting our first Triple Q. I am pretty sure that we did not get video of our first ever Master run but I know we lost points on the moving down and walk around (which isn't even one of the new signs) and we lost points on the spin left sign which is a new sign. He should have been able to do that as he learned spins in both directions as a puppy but he wasn't doing it in the ring. we'll have to work on that more.....
    On Sunday, as I posted above, I messed Dixie up- we failed the stand for exam and then on the recall - she did not wait to be called.....
    Then she and Cranberry were in Brace Obedience- there was another team entered but they left before the class started so we automatically got first place. Non regular classes don't need qualifying scores to get placement ribbons so we now have 4 first place ribbons for Brace.
    Then we had rally - I entered Cran in Master Rally, Excellent B and Advanced B. He Qd all three again and he managed to get High Combined as well.
    and then Destin was entered in Rally Novice- I thought I had more time than I did so I ran to the restroom and they sent someone to look for me - that I was being called to the ring. So I grabbed Destin out of his crate and we went in the ring and he scored a 99 and got first place. I was very impressed and proud of him.
    we do have videos to post but that we'll be later as we are all very tired.........

Piper's mom and Pam like this.
  2. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    Congratulations! Can't wait to see the videos.

Piper's mom likes this.
  3. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Wow! Busy and awesome weekend. One of the many reasons that I love shelties--they're so versatile!

Piper's mom likes this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Wow...way to go! Super busy weekend and awesome results, you should be very proud of yourself and your dogs:)

5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    yes- wish AKC was counting all these Qs for their new Achiever title thing....

6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    "Grabbed Destin out of his crate and we went in the ring and he scored a 99 and got first place."

OMG... How does that happen! I would have been so nervous... I am impressed and proud of BOTH YOU and HIM!!!!

7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    it helps when you're not really hung up on the outcome.....:winkgrin:
    to be fair, we had practiced a decent amount over the summer but come the fall, things slipped through the cracks...
    I told my practice group last Thur- I brought him and Cran that night - and said, he hasn't really run a course since the summer trial so maybe we ought to practice.
    we had matches Fri and Sat evening and Destin did awesome on those courses so I wasn't really too worried that he couldn't do the course.
    sometimes, it's just better to go rather than obsess over every little thing which is usually what hangs you up in the actual trial.
    it also helps that he is a sheltie:yes:

8. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    OK, I was exhausted just reading your post! :ROFLMAO: I don't know how you kept it all straight! I'm sure I would have taken the wrong dog to the wrong venue! Huge congratulations on a terrific weekend!

9. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Wow! That's the way to do it!!! Go Team! Just beaming for you... I so love to read your adventures! You are doing great! Super duper congrats on the TRIPLE RALLY Q!!!!

10. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Thanks. it's not a huge place so I could quickly swap dogs.
    but it was actually pretty simple- take Cran to everything on Sat; on Sun take him to Brace and everything after that except Rally Novice:smile2:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017