Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

2019 agility in PA

Discussion in 'Agility' started by Calliesmom, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    so while Cran got to do rally one weekend of our vacation, the other three did some agility while we were in PA.
    Jocu got his Open Std title which was one of our goals for that weekend. He then got his first Exc Std Q and he Qd in both his Sat and Sun Jww runs.
    Dixie got a double Q on Sat but we had a couple issues on Sun so no Qs for her that day.
    We've been working on Destin's weaves so he only ran the Sat Jww course where the weaves were at the end. I don't really want him to think it's ok to run past the weaves so that was his only fun of the weekend.

ghggp, Ann and Sandy in CT like this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Amazing! How do you keep track of the order of the runs? I'd be so lost lol.
    Very nice runs, Destin is very fast! When he's got it down pat he'll do great!
    You must be exhausted after all that running!

KarenCurtis likes this.
  3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    it was tough that weekend with the two rings running at the same time. I would have missed Jocu's Jww run on Sat if my friend hadn't said something.
    they have gate sheets just like obedience and you check in so you have an idea of how many dogs there are in your class and how many are between your dogs.
    Destin is very fast which is a challenge for me as I have to do things a little differently with him than I do with Jo and Dix..........

Piper's mom likes this.
  4. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I actually meant the order of the jumps...they seem like they're all over the place. I imagine it's like Rally where you get a map of the course but still...that'd make my head spin!

5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    yes- you get a course map- pretty much you can pick that up as soon as you get to the trial. then you get 8 minutes to walk it. and it's numbered. I have a friend who says that you can't see/notice the numbers when you are running but I do look at them. you might notice in Dixie's Sat standard run that I kinda look around before we get to the dogwalk. I had walked her course and watched dogs running it but then since I had to go walk the jumpers course and then run Jocu on that course, Dixie's standard course kinda left my brain and I really had to pay attention to the numbers so that we did not get lost. She did great and didn't go off on her own while I figured out where to go next.
    That facility is better now- they used to have all white jumps with just some colored tape at the top- when there are different colors that makes it easier to remember which one you are going to next........

6. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Wow, 8 minutes doesn't seem like a lot of time when your moving fast when your doing your run! Even Rally here you get 10 minutes.
    I don't like always having the smallest dog in Rally, if you use up all your time doing the walk through you then have to run and get your dog with little to no time to get them warmed up!
    At least with obedience you know what your doing so no walk throughs and time to warm up.

Sandy in CT likes this.
  7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    they change it up here-in both agility and rally- sometimes it's tall to small and sometimes small to tall.......
    we usually end up in the middle.
    at the PA rally trial- it was hot for there so Sunday am, the judge was looking for all the exhibitors so we could start the walkthrus and get done a little earlier. when I was the only one in the the Exc and Adv class, I did not walk for 8 min- more like 3-4 so we could move things along...... really only had to pay attention to the signs that changed between classes.....