Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

30" Midwest x-pen or 36" ?

Discussion in 'Other Equipment' started by KarenCurtis, Mar 26, 2019.

1. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I plan on buying one of these for my puppy I'm getting, but I can't decide which size! Should I get the taller one to be on the safe side? I don't have a fenced in yard, I live on an unpaved one way dead end road. I don't want to take any chances though. What sizes do others have? Thanks

2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I bought one I could lean over to pick up the dogs.

KarenCurtis likes this.
  3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I bought the 36" with the walkthrough gate. wasn't sure how tall/how high they'd be able to jump.
    but when 3 of them jump on the same side - they can knock it over.....:eek2::gaah:ick:rolleyes2:

4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I bought the 36” for Liam. Actually, I bought two so he would have more room to move around. It also had a gate to get in and out of

KarenCurtis likes this.
  5. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    I would think higher is better. I didn't do a pen with Brodie, just a leash. We are not fenced and have always done leashes for potty except for our first doxie - hubby was able to train him on the property line and he would stay within our yard. I do have a pen we brought when we used to camp with them and have used it a few times with Kooper. Even for the doxies I went high; kept dogs in and folks out.

KarenCurtis likes this.
  6. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Thanks, I think I'll buy the 36". I just want it for safety, and to confine puppy with toys for a short amount of time. My niece may like it when she's over on her lunch hour

Hanne likes this.