Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

A favorite winter memory...

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by trini, Nov 28, 2020.

1. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Storm watch, Pixie, Kinnon, Simba.jpg
    As we head into winter here in the Northeast I am remembering winter's past and the precious memories left behind by some of the beloved souls who we have been so blessed to have had in our lives.
    L to R: Pixie (our little Yorkie rescue who left us at 13 years old in 2018), Kinnon(our big gentle smooth collie rescue who at 14 yearsold followed his little friend Pixie to doggie heaven 6 months after she passed in 2018), and our gentle Simba who has now joined them. These three all loved the snow and were great buddies. Kinnon and Pixie were dedicated mole hunters and would spend literally hours digging up mole tunnels from under the snow in hopes of catching a mole...and Simba would cheer them on. Simba was everyone's cheer leader...he was such a gentle soul that he had no interest in joining them in trying to send a mole to mole heaven, but whatever his pals were doing he was their biggest vocal supporter. They so often sat together as in this picture and would watch the snow falling in anticipation of getting outside to play in the cold white stuff. I love remembering them this way at what was such a happy time.
    Trini

DianeP, Hanne, tofu pup and 12 others like this.
  2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Ah, now this is how to do it -- sweet memories to wrap yourself up in.

DianeP, Hanne, RikyR and 5 others like this.
  3. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    What a lovely sweet memory and photo. Brought me to tears, the 3 pals anticipating fun in the snow, but also a smile. I'm so glad you are able to focus on some fond memories now, Trini, in what has been such a difficult time for you. Thank you for sharing this. :hugs

DianeP, Hanne, Margi and 5 others like this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Just beautiful Trini...I like Sharon shed tears reading your memory. Beautiful photo, should be in a frame or as a painting...absolutely gorgeous.

RikyR, Darren, ghggp and 1 other person like this.
  5. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Thank-you Chris, Sharon and Piper's Mom.

These memories are always bittersweet...they are intertwined with heartbreak for the losses no matter how much time may have passed, but a reminder of the incredible love and joy each soul has brought us in their time here on earth. And, yes, the picture I posted brings tears for 3 such precious souls...tears of pain but also tears of gratitude.

I really hope that others will join me and add some of their favorite memory pictures to this thread...so we can all share in the precious memories that we have been granted.

Trini

Hanne, RikyR, Darren and 1 other person like this.
  6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    What a heartfelt tribute to three such special souls that made your world a better place to have inhabited! We understand the heartbreak and also the fond memories that will never leave our heart and soul! Yes, Piper’s mom is correct... that is worth framing! Thanks for sharing and allowing us to add our precious souls to this thread! You are one special person, Trini! Your ability to rescue and help me with Liam’s shyness always thinking of others... you are an angel here in earth! A1F29406-E759-4327-B9B6-007E627ED656.jpeg much love from Logan, Laddie, and Mr Chance!

Cindy, DianeP, Hanne and 8 others like this.
  7. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Gloria...love that picture of your 3 precious boy...such loving gentle faces. 2016, 2017 and 2018 were such sad years for you...but how blessed those boys were to have been your's and how blessed you were to have had them. The pain of loss can seem overwhelming at times, but thankfully not even that pain can erase the memories that we hold so dear. Hugs to you.
    Trini

ghggp, Darren, Sharon7 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Our little Ally. She was Asta's aunt, all 14.5 inches of her.

Ally@cate.jpg

This is big beautiful Asta Mae. 18 inches and a Zen dog.

Asta.jpg

IMG_3206.JPG

Gorgeous Grand Champion Brooke. I so wish we could have had her all her life, she came to us at almost 8. But I cherished every moment with her.

I need to scan in photos of our first girl Skye, I don't have any digital photos of her. I miss all these girls so much but can't imagine what I would have done without them.

Cindy, DianeP, Hanne and 10 others like this.
  9. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    All very beautiful girls Sharon! They certainly do add an undefinable quality to our lives, each one is unique...much like us.

Sharon7, Darren and trini like this.
  10. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    So true.

Sharon, Ally looks like a wee royal Queen, Asta Mae the big gentle soul and Brooke is not only beautiful but her eyes hold the wisdom of ages...I know she was your heart dog. So many loving memories. Thank-you for sharing pictures of your precious girls.
    Trini

Piper's mom, Sharon7 and Darren like this.