Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

A little rain washes away the years.

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Jun 8, 2021.

1. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Willow and I have been walking early in the morning to avoid the worst of the heat for the last few days. Today it rained the whole time we were out. I didn't bother with an umbrella as it distracts me from watching Willow.

The rain cycled from light to heavy and back again but Willow is not daunted by rain, she takes it in stride. I don't mind it either as it almost always ensures we get the pathways to ourselves and even if Willow prefers meeting friends with their owners I enjoy the solitude when I can get it.

When we got home I toweled Willow as dry as I could, something she loves, and then it became apparent that the rain had washed away a couple of years as Willow had the zoomies just like when she was a little puppy. Zoomies with a grown, super-fast dog are almost as scary as they are funny as she hurtled through the house. I'm happy to say that we are both just fine and she is sleeping beside me on the couch. :)

2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Awww zoomies mean a super happy dog. Pretty nice that she is unfazed by the rain! Some of my previous dogs were SURE that rain melted Shelties.....

ghggp, Darren, Margi and 6 others like this.
  3. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Rain, snow, the stuff blowing around from the Cottonwood trees - all seem to promote puppy like behavior.

Love those zoomies!!!

ghggp, Darren, Margi and 2 others like this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Yup, I agree a wet dog tends to lead to zoomies. I don’t know why it seems to invigorate them but all of mine have always been very energetic and wanted to run after getting wet lol!

ghggp, GlennR, Darren and 1 other person like this.
  5. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Zoomies for Fil were directly proportional to amount of wet he was. Koko refuses to get his paws wet.

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    it's how they blow dry themselves :winkgrin:

ghggp, Darren, GlennR and 2 others like this.
  7. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    :yuckyuck

8. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Haha Finnie tries to wipe his face…anything works…a metal chair leg, bed skirt…you name it lol!

Sharon7, ghggp, Darren and 1 other person like this.
  9. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Willow was just saving you the time having to dry her Glenn, such a thoughtful gal :winkgrin:

10. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    What a beautiful picture you paint! I can just imagine every scene … bliss in my mind!!!

Darren, Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.