Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

A sad farewell our Irish Lady Tara

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by David, May 4, 2018.

1. David

David Forums Enthusiast

It has been many years since I posted on the forum but felt it was right to do so now.
    At almost 15 years of age our Tara had to leave us on 6 April this year. After many injuries and operations she reached the stage where she could barely stand, though still trying gamely to join in with the younger ones games. She now runs strong and proudly at Rainbow Bridge whilst we gaze sadly at her grave in the garden she loved so much. Her grave stone reads "Tara, Our Irish Lady, 2003 - 2018, Forever in our hearts".
    Rest in peace,
    David

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    so sorry to hear about your girl.......................

3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

4. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    I am so sorry to read about your loss of your beloved Tara, it gives a plug in my heart
    - but think to be lucky to have your best mate for 15 years, I understand your great sorrow.

5. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    David, I am so very sorry. Having lost a beloved "elder" this year, I can say that it's not the years, it's all the love. May your heart heal and your memories linger.

6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    David, I know the pain your are feeling now. Memories of Tara will comfort you! Bless you for offering her such s wonderful life! You were also blessed to have her for 15 years. I could never reach that milestone. Virtual hugs.

Chris likes this.
  7. Jams

Jams Premium Member

Sep 8, 2017

8. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Oh gosh David, I have thought about you off and on lately (we were in England last September) and wondered how you and the dogs were doing. I am so sorry to hear about Tara. I know she had the best of care from you and your wife. Your lovely garden is such a peaceful final resting spot for her. Believe me I know how your heart aches. Fifteen years is great but it's never long enough.

Arden and I wish you the comfort of your many good memories of Tara. :hugs

9. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    So very sorry for your loss.

10. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    Run free sweet Tara.