Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

A sad job

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by trini, Apr 22, 2021.

1. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    As many of you know, last August through October we lost all 4 of our beloved Shelties, Dakota, Sketch, Simba and Faelee. Many years ago I built a stone wall enclosed pet cemetery on the gentle hill overlooking our old farm pond that over the years became filled with so many precious souls...many were little senior rescues who only had a sadly short time before leaving us. So when we lost Dakota, Sketch, Simba and Faelee I had to take down part of the original stone wall in order to expand the cemetery for their graves. By the time I finished the stone wall addition around their graves it was too late in the season to grass seed. Last week when we had some warm days, I did the sad job of grass seeding over the new graves...a hard reminder of how much we had lost. Even with Laddie coming to join our family, there is still a huge empty place in our home and our hearts from their passing. Missing those who are no longer with us never really ends even though time can hopefully dull the sharpest edges of the pain.
    Trini
    IMG_2086.JPG IMG_2084.JPG IMG_2080.JPG

RikyR, Darren, KarenCurtis and 6 others like this.
  2. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    A peaceful spot.

RikyR, trini, Darren and 3 others like this.
  3. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    That is beautiful.

RikyR, trini, Darren and 3 others like this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    What an absolutely lovely resting spot for your precious dogs. I hope its beauty brings you some solace. You've had more loss than a lot of us put together and it is so hard to bear. I hope the knowledge that you brought so much joy and feeling of safety to so many dogs is a comfort to you, Trini. :hugs

RikyR, trini, Darren and 5 others like this.
  5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    what a beautiful memorial:yes:

RikyR, trini, Darren and 4 others like this.
  6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I wish I had the ability to put into words as eloquently as you do Sharon! You wrote everything I felt by reading Trini's post.

How heavy our hearts are when they leave us. The most beautiful memorial Trini!
    Their memories remain in your heart and soul always.
    Blessing to you and your dearly departed Dakota, Sketch, Simba and Faelee. Running free together healthy and whole over Rainbow Bridge!

RikyR, trini, Darren and 4 others like this.
  7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Oh my goodness Trini that is just so sad...sad the loss you suffered over the last year but beautiful the memorial you’ve built for all the dogs you’ve lost. Your stone cross and slab are so incredibly touching it brought many tears to my eyes, I can only imagine how difficult it must’ve been for you.
    Hugs to you and your family:hugs:hugs:hugs

ghggp, RikyR, trini and 3 others like this.
  8. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Oh my what a beautiful resting spot for your loved ones! Cannot imagine your loss nor the pain of working in the area when the loss is still so new and raw, but you've done an amazing job on their final resting spots. Loved in death as much as in life.

ghggp, RikyR, trini and 4 others like this.
  9. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Trini, I can't imagine a more beautiful resting place for your precious souls. You've done a lovely job with them, just as you did in life. The pain of losing so many so close together must be overwhelming, and lasting. I hope you find some peace and comfort in this lovely spot. Many hugs and love. :hugs

ghggp, RikyR, trini and 4 others like this.
  10. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    It's beautiful ❤

ghggp, RikyR, trini and 3 others like this.