Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

A very special happy birthday...

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by tofu pup, Dec 1, 2014.

1. tofu pup

tofu pup Moderator

Aug 28, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    ...to our Annie, Am/Can Ch. Shelhaven Rabbit Run Rhapsody, AOM! Annie is fourteen years old today.

Annie has given us so much... she was our first Markie kid, and the puppy who established him as a stud dog. She was the first dog we finished - owner-handled for all but one major (I was stuck in the juniors ring, and a friend helped us out). She won two AOMs at the ASSA National (2006 and 2008), and BOS at ASSA in 2007 (handled by her friend and super-fan Pete Denbow), plus two BOS at Westminster (2007 and 2008). She was a favorite of breeder-judges for her lean, smooth, correct head, fluid movement, and typey, elegant outline.

Annie also produced a sire of champions (Ch. Rabbit Run Cindahope Fair Trade, by Shelhaven Counterstrike) and a dam of champions (Rabbit Run Ventura Admiration, by Ch. Willow Cove Wild Card).

And Annie brought us Karen Henley - her breeder - who has been a wonderful partner and dear friend through the years. Without Karen's foresight and belief in Mark, there would be no Annie, and no Rabbit Run as we know it today.

Best of all, Annie has been a wonderful friend and companion (not to mention the undisputed Queen of Everything at Rabbit Run). She is sensible, self-possessed, and very intelligent - everything we want our Shelties to be.

I am told that she has had a very nice birthday so far: she ate all of her breakfast (not always guaranteed these days) and spent some time running the yard with her half-brother, Linus, and her son, Trace, who is visiting while his owners travel.

Happy birthday, wonderful girl. Thank you for sharing your life with us.

2. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Happy 14th Birthday to such a special sheltie lady. Hope the rest of Annie's day is super wonderful.

Trini

3. Tabitha

Tabitha Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Happy Birthday Annie!:smile2:

4. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Happy Birthday, Annie, from your distant relatives, Koko and Fillion. Party on!:biggrin2:

5. susanmccain

susanmccain Forums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2013
    London, Ohio
    Happy Birthday Annie!

6. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    A very special birthday indeed!

Happy Happy to Annie. Sounds like she is having a good day.

7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Happy Birthday Annie:yes:

8. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Happy Birthday Annie from me and all your Rabbit Run cousins here! Watching you taught me what I wanted in a show dog, and seeing you win BOS at Westminster was a high point for sure. You're the Gold Standard for me...and you're still beautiful! Sending you pats from all of us here.

9. LaddieKatieMom

LaddieKatieMom Forums Enthusiast

Apr 14, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Wow - how wonderful! A VERY happy birthday to an obviously VERY special girl - and wishing you many more years with your adoring family and friends. Lady sends a special birthday lick to you!

10. missjenneygirl

missjenneygirl Forums Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2009
    connecticut
    What a wonderful tribute to Annie's birthday! Thank you Megan.

This morning as I walked across the farmer's porch on my way to the kennel to feed, I watched Annie canter the fence line on her way to beat me to the kennel. My heart was filled with joy and nostalgia as I took in every stride, and relived all the wonderful moments Megan and I shared with Annie.

Megan was 15 when Karen let us have 12 week old Annie (only because she was pregnant and wouldn't be able to show her), and Megan trained her beautifully. Even as a puppy, her elegant lines were evident as she learned to use herself in the show ring.

For pictures of Annie, check out my albums.

Thank you all for you kind words!

Connie