Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

After 8 years Spitfire is mellowing

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by SheepOfBlue, Jul 17, 2019.

1. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    The neighbors brought over a 2 year old to see the guys last night. Spitfire actually went up on his own to let her touch him! Angus barked and bounced around a lot. I think he was trying to get her to chase though she was far to young.

corbinam, RikyR, Hanne and 8 others like this.
  2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    wow- that is amazing:pop

Piper's mom likes this.
  3. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Eight years might be enough for Willow to stop swooning over everyone she meets. :) You give me hope.

Hanne, Piper's mom and SheepOfBlue like this.
  4. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    Unlikely Sca died when he was eight and ADORED little kids. He would pull to go see them anytime one was spotted. He was also awesome at being super gentle with the little ones and wild with the older ones. Spitfire has always considered kids a little above puppies which were vermin to him.

ghggp and Piper's mom like this.
  5. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Fillion also goes full on end of leash bucking bronco whenever he sees a child! I don't get why--we had no littles around when he was a puppy. This even includes babies in strollers. He has to check them out. Koko stands quietly for pets. Benson hides behind my legs still *sigh*

Sharon7 and Piper's mom like this.
  6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Sage

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Finnie barks and growls when he sees kids (mainly the loud ones around school yards) but Piper loves kids! We've done Meet the Breeds 3 years in a row and he amazes me how gentle he is with them considering he wasnt exposed to them at all!

Margi, ghggp, Sharon7 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Elijah is also starry-eyed when he sees little kids and babies in strollers. He has to go over to meet them. Luckily being cute and fluffy and not too big, most parents are OK with it. Cracks me up - NONE of my 5 girls ever liked kids - would actively avoid them.

8. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    Two weeks ago we had 6 of our 8 grand kids at the house (16, 14, 7, 5, 3, & 18 months. Zulu was in heaven, lots of running around, and lots of food on the floor. When he got tired of the young ones, he would go hang out with the teenagers. He has been around kids since his first week with us. IMG_20140524_133306.jpg

Margi, GlennR, Sharon7 and 1 other person like this.
  9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    What a precious picture!

RikyR likes this.