Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Agility Equipment

Discussion in 'Agility' started by Roberta, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Roberta

Roberta Premium Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Chicago area
    Can anyone recommend where to buy agility equipment (and brand??)

I have a 1-year-old Sheltie that loves the jumps, weave poles, tunnels, hoops, etc. I am not interested in doing any of this for competition - just something fun to set up for her in the back yard. I bought some "cheap" equipment for one of my older shelties a few years ago but it fell apart pretty quickly.

I'm not looking to spend thousands - just something relatively sturdy and mid-range in price. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! Roberta

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I've purchased some stuff from here
    not quite as expensive as some of the other places but still not really inexpensive.
    I have good tunnels that I bought here

Roberta likes this.
  3. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    I’ve found that most inexpensive stuff isn’t very durable, and there really isn’t a middle of the road equipment vendor when it comes to costs.

I’m not handy, but if you are, building your own equipment is a cheaper way to go (my husband has made us jumps out of PVC). The other option is to ask around at your local agility clubs in case members are selling old equipment. That’s how we’ve gotten everything we have.

Roberta likes this.
  4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I have also made some of my own jumps from pvc- the trick is getting the right connectors which aren't always available at Lowes or Home Depot. there are lots of instructions online- you just have to search.......

Roberta likes this.
  5. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    I found instructions online to build everything but a tunnel. I'm not sure where I downloaded it from. I cannot attach the pdf here, but if there is somewhere to upload it I will. It has pretty much everything and gives a shopping list, illustrations and comprehensive directions.

Roberta likes this.