Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

All legs!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Sandy in CT, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Brodie is 14 weeks today. He measured in at 12" - a whopping whole inch taller than last week and weighed in at 8 1/2 lbs - a gain of a whole pound. We've actually seen such a difference in him since Monday. Hubby and I worked on a minor update of our main level powder room so Brodie got exposed to an air compressor, a nail gun, hammering, etc.

Knock on wood here but we have the most progress since Monday in potty training. We are still using a diaper during spastic night time play with Kooper in our carpeted family room or if he is given access to the living or dining rooms. Monday he had no accidents whatsoever, Tuesday he had one right after dinner so he made it most of the day. Wednesday, I was a bit quicker after dinner to get a wrap on him just in case so all was good. He seems to do really well until somewhere around 6 o'clock adn as his excitement level rises, his bladder control drops but all is good. He is not a fan of the diaper wraps, but has kept them dry once we put them on - they are a reminder it seems. During the night though, man, he has a camel bladder for sure!

We did the free Petco playdate again on Saturday but I wasn't as big of a fan as day 1. Some of the same people so it was nice for me, but many more dogs. They have the area split into 4 sections; Brodie's was fine but there were altercations with dogs in 2 of the other pens including a full sized boxer, Mabel, who was set on eating Brodie. Sadly, the other altercation also involved a boxer, but a toy one who attacked a husky puppy and then was made to play in a separate area all by himself.

We finally met someone Brodie was not 100% friendly with, my mail-lady, but I wondered if it was the wool cap with the dangly side pieces that freaked him out because he has been friendly to most everyone else he meets.

IMG_1287.jpg IMG_1285.jpg

ghggp, Katie’s Mom, RikyR and 4 others like this.
  2. GlennR

GlennR Forums Enthusiast

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    He'll get it and you'll soon forget all the effort you put out to help him. I doubt if Willow is really housebroken as I think, if I didn't take her out regularly, she would simply pee when it got hard to hold The weeks without an accident continue to build but it's still a team effort.

3. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    OMG!!! I CANNOT STAND IT HE IS SO CUTE!!!!

RikyR, Calliesmom and GlennR like this.
  4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    very cuuuuute:yes:

GlennR and KarenCurtis like this.
  5. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    oh, I become completely speechless when I see the little "Brodie face" :wink2:

Calliesmom, KarenCurtis and RikyR like this.
  6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    He is seriously cute. You just don't see too many bi-blacks. Heck, around here you barely see Shelties, period! Until we got Brooke I had only ever seen one other bi-black, at a dog show. I think they look very elegant, although so many people think she is a Border Collie....:rolleyes2:

Sandy in CT and KarenCurtis like this.
  7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I expected to get border collie a lot with Jocu but it doesn't happen all that often. I have several friends that like his coloration the best but I like them all...... only tri and blue merle to go......

Sandy in CT and Sharon7 like this.
  8. Katie’s Mom

Katie’s Mom Premium Member

Feb 8, 2019
    Suffolk County,NY
    That face! He is so unique and handsome!!

9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Cutie, no matter how long the legs are!

Hanne likes this.