Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Ally earned her angel wings

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by Sharon7, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Ally-.jpg Ally.jpg Our sweetest little girl is gone. She had been dealing with chronic pancreatitis and kidney disease, and we devoted ourselves to her care these last 6 months, to ensure her last days were good ones. Recently she developed some neurological symptoms which were unexplained. Saturday she had a massive seizure while we were with her (thank God) and it was suddenly, terrifyingly time to say goodbye. Our wonderful Vet hospital were so kind and empathetic, and helped set Ally free. Our hearts are in a million pieces right now.

For such a little girl, she has left an enormous hole in our lives and home. Up until last week she was still walking 2 miles a day and doing OK, considering.

Ally, registered name “ All You Need is Love” was born May 25, 2002. She came to us at a year and a half of age, as an unexpected gift from Asta’s breeder after we lost Skye. She was such a clown, an independent thinker, yet sweet and fun. She and Asta were incredibly bonded. In this last year, she and Faith formed a special friendship, in part I think because Ally was lost without Asta.

We are so incredibly sad and will miss the Pipsqueak tremendously. I know you all understand the bond we have with our precious dogs. Don’t take the time you have with your companions for granted – hug them all.

Ally-.jpg

2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Sharon, I am so very sorry to hear about Ally. I know you've struggled with her medical issues and how difficult it is to go through that with your precious pup. I love the pictures of Ally...you can see the intelligence and fun in her eyes. I wish you comfort in your memories of her and peace. Sending you hugs.

3. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Aww I'm so sorry to hear this!

4. Phoebe'smom

Phoebe'smom Premium Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Southern California
    My eyes filled with tears on reading your news. Empathy for your pain, remembering mine. So sorry for the loss of your beloved baby.

5. seashel

seashel Forums Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2010
    Kent, UK
    I'm so very sorry to hear you have lost your beloved Ally. Thinking of you during this difficult time and I hope you can take some comfort in all the wonderful memories of the good times you shared and the knowledge that you always did the very best for her, including taking that hardest of decisions.

6. Simba13

Simba13 Forums Enthusiast

Jun 25, 2014
    Dublin
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss :( xx

7. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    Sharon, I'm so sorry to read this. I'm crying along with you. She was a beautiful, sweet soul in a small package.

She lived a wonderful life right until the end.

Hugs to you and your husband during this heartbreaking time.

8. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    I am so sorry to hear about your dear sweet Ally. I'm sure she was welcomed at the Bridge by all those who went before her and they're showing her the ropes and sharing some of their very best treats with her. There will be a bright new shining star in the sky tonight.

9. tofu pup

tofu pup Moderator

Aug 28, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Rest easy, beautiful girl.

Sharon, my heart is breaking for you and your family. Thank you for giving her a wonderful life.

10. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    So very sorry for your loss.