Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Altered conformation ?

Discussion in 'Getting Started in Conformation' started by Hojo, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Hojo

Hojo Forums Novice

Aug 8, 2016
    getting a new girl this week and in looking on line for new things to try with her . As we train and,bond with her ,we are loking for fun activitys .she may take to rally or agility or whatever time will tell . But right now at 10 weeks she is so beautiful !! That we may want to try fun /altered conformation .l see a brief mention on the UKC site but not much else .could someone point me in the right irection ? Thanks so much !

2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    I don't know much about UKC shows since unfortunately, they are few and far between near me. I'd start with the UKC website, which will give you information and point you in the direction of upcoming events. I show in AKC but the people I know who show in UKC events have a blast. I wish we had more of them!
    http://www.ukcdogs.com/Web.nsf/WebPages/DogEvents/Conformation

3. Lightplum

Lightplum Forums Sage

Jan 4, 2009
    Rhode Island
    UKC does do altered classes, There are no points, and typically little competition because the ones who enter ukc are using those entry fees on getting dogs finished and titled! Overall though I have to say UKC is amazing and a fun way to enter the world of dog shows :D

4. Hojo

Hojo Forums Novice

Aug 8, 2016
    Thank you for the replies. Excited as this is our first puppy in 12 years .we want to be prepared to participate in acitivitys that challenge our training and the pups abilities and strong points .any tips on the limited registration (in both clubs ukc/ akc) .want to prevent paperwork mistakes ,that would spoil the fun down the road . The fairground here in town where we live often has shows ,it would be nice to test our handling and grooming skills .

5. Cubby2014

Cubby2014 Forums Enthusiast

May 2, 2016
    Central California
    Consider scentwork too. My Cubby was trained for scent but we have zero UKC within 4 hours of us. I am just not up for all the traveling at this point in my life. Scentwork is fun, mentally tiring, and the dogs have a blast.