Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

And they call it puppy love.....

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Sandy in CT, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT

Mr. Deacon is just 10" tall today at his weekly weigh in and 8lbs 6 oz. He weighs the exact same weight as Brodie at 14 weeks but is 3/4" shorter. Deacon's legs are already slightly thicker than Brodie's as an adult so I am 100% confident Deacon will be shorter and of a stockier build than Brodie.

His potty training is going okay. He still sleeps from 9 - 10pm to 7 am. Rusty wakes me every morning to make sure I bring Deacon out to potty; mainly because I set Deacon's food and water out before we go out and Rusty gets a decent snack while we are outside. Deacon does very, very well in his puppy prison so long as the powder room door is closed. And he does really well in the kitchen/dinette area in the morning. In the afternoon, we have a rough patch, diaper on adn odds are he's going to make use of it. After dinner, he gets access to the family room (carpeted) only with a diaper and evening playtime begins. It might be Kooper, it might be Brodie, it might be Rusty but he plays till he drops. We are starting to have more and more evenings with a dry diaper but no way will I allow him in there without!

We start puppy class Tuesday night.

Edited to add: he will pee on command if shown a treat when outside and poo on command if I tell him when the timing is right. Quite funny, if you tell him 'let's go see the chickens' after he does his business, off he waddles to go see the girls!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    KarenCurtis, Hanne, Darren and 10 others like this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Fantastic progress report! Love the pictures with the cat, so nice seeing different animals getting along.
    Love that your getting him into a puppy class, unfortunately our dog facilities still haven’t been allowed to open, they really don’t fit into any categories...
    Blueberry won’t be starting puppy classes until her titer’s are done anyway (I don’t start puppy classes until all shots are done, just me) so hopefully by that time they’ll be open for business here.

Hanne, Darren, Sharon7 and 1 other person like this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Mr. Deacon Is so cute! Live the little licks at the cat! Too sweet!

Let us know how class goes! Pee on command... I wish! Liam is almost three and still doesn’t!

“if you tell him 'let's go see the chickens' after he does his business, off he waddles to go see the girls!”

I just LIVE THAT!
    We need a video of it!

4. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    What a sweet and smart lad your Deacon is...love the pictures. Trini

Darren, Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.
  5. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Love the kitteh kissing pics!

6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    He is just super, super cute. Love the kitty love pics. He has some really cool markings, and all that white - he's gonna be stunning in his full coat. Pretty good progress report - I got a good laugh out of him waddling off to see the chickens. Really funny. What a good little boy.

7. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Deacon looks like he's fit right into your household perfectly, Sandy! What great pictures. They are both so cute together!

8. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    Such a beautiful fluffy cuddly baby! And the kitty too.

9. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Aww great photos and such a good report, he is doing so well.

Sharon7, Piper's mom and Hanne like this.
  10. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    He's doing well!! Adorable!!!

Piper's mom likes this.