Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Angus escaped!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by SheepOfBlue, Dec 12, 2018.

1. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    I am on day 2 of a monster headache and woke up last night at 1 or 2 AM. Spitfire was being bossy so I let him out and figured Angus could go also. Took some headache powder and let the guys back in. Put Angus in his kennel again. 4:30 AM I am being walked on.... wait this is two big for Spitfire paws! Seems I did not properly latch the kennel door. Between the headache and figuring he already wreaked havoc I let him stay out. All he did was claim a kleenex from somewhere. Did not detect any eaten clothes or sheets....yet. He was even half way snuggly but did not hold still long enough. Be interesting to see if he ate anything when I look better tonight LOL.

He still doesn't get his night time free range pass though. Oh and he did let out with a really good howl at 6AM.....my head thanks you Mr Angus

ghggp likes this.
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Oh dear - I came home once to a free-range Eli, who had also escaped his crate, I was pretty bummed. Luckily no damage (that time, anyway!) So glad it was just a kennel break out - your title scared me thinking he'd taken off from your house!!! :eek2:
    Sounds like Angus was relatively good.
    Hope your headache eases soon.

3. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    Angus is my lover Spitfire is the one to worry on LOL. Head is somewhat better though I am working in sunglasses... taking lots of abuse about cool and santa this year :)

ghggp likes this.
  4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Oh my, sorry... that is hysterical knowing he had run of the place with only a Kleenex to show for his efforts!!! Good boy!!!

5. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    I know the feeling of coming home and opening the door to find an extra dog there who should be in her kennel. Fortunately there isn't a headache or sleep involved! Although I can relate to collateral damage. Recently found a brand new throw rug carefully de-looped in many places due to lack of vigilance on my part, sigh. Glad to hear you're feeling better, Sheep! Hope those sunglasses are worthy of Santa.... :cool1:

6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    OH my...you had me worried with that title! Much relieved to hear it was just his kennel...good boy Angus (your too smart for your own good lol.

7. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    I was surprised, still need a better inspection though. Sca was like 'this could be food' once tested though it was left alone. Angus is 'this could be Angus's' then it is eaten. Spitfire just does psychological warfare.

Sharon7 likes this.
  8. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I was worried too that Angus had escaped the yard....:eek2:
    escaping the crate in the house- it happens if the latch doesn't catch all the way...... I think all four have escaped crates at one point or another- not all at once though, then there might be destruction......:gaah

hope your head is better now:cool1:

9. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Premium Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    I had 6 five-week old puppies escape once while I was at work. I have no idea how long they were out. But they didn't do too much damage.

KarenCurtis likes this.
  10. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    In my home no cage = no escaping no destruction :lol::lol: