Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Another harness to look into...

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Sandy in CT, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    https://www.cleanrun.com/product/perfect_fit_modular_fleece_lined_dog_harness_girth_strap/index.cfm

Just received, no long term review here, mighty impressed with the fit and adjustment options though. I emailed Clean Run and they gave me their suggested sizes based on Deacon and Brodie's measurements. The harness comes in 3 pieces, all ordered separately which allows for a really 'custom style' fit. They suggest XXS Small Front, XS Top for both boys with Brodie having a Med girth strap and Deacon a small. Two of the pieces are padded nicely. There are 2 D rings for leashes but in reading, the front is not meant to be used alone but in conjunction with the back ring. The fits are REALLY nice. I have used Dachshund harness for years on both our doxies; Brodie as a young pup and now Deacon. I do LOVE the Hug-a-Dog harnesses, but Brodie dislikes the sound of the velcro and while Deacon is okay with it in the car on the way to class, he gets uber stressed on the way home - too much stimulation I think and the massive drooling (anxiety) begins. We have two over the head Puppia harnesses. but I don't think they are the safest in the car; Brodie can move around too much and the harness gets all discombobulated and Deacon does not like having the harness put on over his head. Hubby and I have been walking more; I wanted a harness I felt would be fairly difficult for the boys to back out of, but be safe enough to simply clip into the straps used on the locked seatbelts in the car. These fit SO well with the 3 individual pieces and all adjustments, I don't 'think' they could back out of these and feel they will be safer in the car as well. Time will tell. I got a chance to compare to a Brilliant k-9 and a Freedom no-pull, both of which my trainer has for her dogs and I like the fit of this much better. Will have to see what she thinks of them when I show her in a few weeks (we are off next week). I did consider a Ruffwear but am happy with my choice now without long term use.

Darren and Piper's mom like this.
  2. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    Sounds really neat that you get to customize to that extent. For Teddy I always have to use his girth and disregard neck size because it doesn't fit the profile.
    I hope it continues to work well for you. :)

Darren and Piper's mom like this.
  3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    It sounds like a really well made harness Sandy! I have 2 harnesses for the car, one for Piper and one for Blueberry. They’re both the same brand (don’t recall the name), but they’re the kind that Glenn uses with Willow. I’m not a harness person but I’m not a fan of these...don’t like the top buckle as I’m ALWAYS catching fur in it and it’s a pain to adjust just right. With that being said it is a good harness for the car....

Darren and Ron Atkinson like this.