Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Anyone going to the TRSSCGP Specialty?

Discussion in 'Events' started by Silaria, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Silaria

Silaria Premium Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    (Wasn't sure where to put this since it's a Specialty show with Confirmation, Obedience and Rally. I opted for Handling Chat since I figured there was a better chance of people going for Confirmation than Obedience or Rally. Mods, please move if this is the wrong place.)

I was wondering if anyone was planning on attending the Three Rivers Shetland Sheepdog Club of Greater Pittsburgh (TRSSCGP) Specialty show February 4th and 5th.

Edan and I will be there competing in Rallly.

2. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Premium Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Portland, OR
    You could put it in Events. ;P

I am soooooo not there. Take a ton of photos. I love Specialities!

3. tofu pup

tofu pup Moderator

Aug 28, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    A superlative idea! I've moved it here, so hopefully it will get more exposure to enthusiasts of all three venues.

4. Silaria

Silaria Premium Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Doh! You're right. Events is probably the right place. It didn't even dawn on me cause I was focused on the confirmation piece.

Thanks for moving it, Tofu Pup.

5. tofu pup

tofu pup Moderator

Aug 28, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    No problemo. It's what we're here for. :biggrin2:

Good luck at the specialty! I wish you green ribbons... and big blue rosettes!

6. ClantyreSheltie

ClantyreSheltie Forums Sage

Feb 24, 2010
    Baltimore
    I'm not sure you want me to come up. Last time I was there, 30 inches of snow fell. : )

7. fuzbuttsheltie

fuzbuttsheltie Forums Enthusiast

Aug 4, 2011
    Maryland
    Anyone going to the TRSSCGP Specialty

I'll most likely be there. It will depend on if I have to travel through snow to get to Washington, PA.

Does anyone know where the grooming will be done in relationship to the obedience rings? I can to handle some blowing fur and chalk, but not too much.

Dani
    Armitage Dazzling Spun Gold CDX, RAE
    Double Dare Derrick CD RAE
    Staymat Magnificent Journey CD
    Blackmyst Poker Face (puppy)

8. Silaria

Silaria Premium Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Oh goodness. You mean that nasty blizzard 2 years ago that resulted in the show being cancelled. We got 18 inches out of that mess. It was worse the further south you went.

Sorry, Dani, I have no idea since I've never attended the specialty before. Edan and I just started Rally (2 legs out of 3 for the RN) so their wasn't much reason to drive down there in iffy weather; even if it is only a 1 hour drive for me.

I just sent my registration in for the Saturday and Sunday Specialty Rally. I'm debating the Saturday All Breed Rally. I've heard you can enter all three Rally offerings (2 specialty and 1 all breed) but (1) I want to see how Edan will do in Advanced before entering; taking a class every Friday in January and (2) I want to confirm you can enter all three as individual events.

9. ClantyreSheltie

ClantyreSheltie Forums Sage

Feb 24, 2010
    Baltimore
    When I was up there to set up, which was as close to showing as I got :smile2:, the grooming was at one end, and the crating for obedience was at the other end. There shouldn't be a problem.

10. fuzbuttsheltie

fuzbuttsheltie Forums Enthusiast

Aug 4, 2011
    Maryland
    Thanks, Rachael. I entered one year but they canceled the show due to snow and electrical issues. They were incredible and refunded entries! If the bldg. is large it shouldn't be a problem.

You are wise to ensure Edan can work off leash prior to entering the ring. I've seen many NQs in Advance lately for dogs leaving the ring.

Dani
    Armitage Dazzling Spun Gold CDX, RAE
    Double Dare Derrick CD, RAE
    Staymat Magnificent Journey CD
    Blackmyst Poker Face (puppy)