Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Asharon Sheltie's

Discussion in 'Handling Chat' started by Sharon, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Sharon

Sharon Forums Sage

Feb 27, 2008
    Southeastern Ct
    My breeder Barbara just recently finished her Rondy's American Championship and now he is in Canada to get his Canadian Championship and he just picked up 4 pts yesterday and needs only 4 more to do it.Right now he is BISS Am Ch Dury Voe Iditarod.

2. MissSuzie

MissSuzie Forums Enthusiast

Nov 19, 2008
    Beautiful SW Florida
    Wow! That's fabulous!

When I read "BISS Am Ch Dury Voe Iditarod" it sounded familiar to me for some reason. I checked Meggie's pedigree and she is a Dury Voe sheltie as well. Her mama is Dury Voe Betty Boop major ptd, and there are Dury Voe's all the way back in her line on her mom's side. It was cool to see that. I really don't know how to read these pedigrees. I don't not what all the titles mean.

3. Lightplum

Lightplum Forums Sage

Jan 4, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Congrats to Barbara!! :)

4. HopeShelties

HopeShelties Forums Enthusiast

Dec 2, 2008
    Kentucky
    Hey, that's pretty neat! My Wags is his half brother :biggrin2: (same dam). The sibling I have is Dury Voe Blue Heavens Shock Wave

5. Crystal1

Crystal1 Forums Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2009
    Ft Worth, TX
    Congratulations Sharon!!

6. Jan244

Jan244 Forums Enthusiast

Aug 10, 2008
    Massachusetts
    My congratulations too! Also, I have a question. I looked up Ch Dury Voe Iditarod and way back in 2004, there is a note under his win that says "thanks to Rose Chandless for this nice win". Just out of curiosity (since she is Spencer's breeder), what does that mean? Did she handle him; judge him, or what?

7. Lightplum

Lightplum Forums Sage

Jan 4, 2009
    Rhode Island
    She handled him...She is a handler as well as a breeder.

8. Jan244

Jan244 Forums Enthusiast

Aug 10, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Thank you!

9. Katherine

Katherine Forums Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2008
    Charleston SC
    Well.... it's all pretty incestuous or small world, these connections !

10. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Yep! Indy's mom is Dury Voe Promises Promises.

But a quick check on Pedigree Lines and its not obvious if there is any relation Iterod or Betty Boop. But they are so incestuous, they probably cross lines somewhere. They might be 12th cousins, thrice removed! :lol: