Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Atlanta Rally

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by Calliesmom, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    so we went to Atlanta and stayed with 2GoodDogs and the 2 good dogs in October. Limited numbers of people were allowed in the building so I set my tablet on a tripod and recorded our runs that way.
    There were 2 rally trials on Sat and 2 on Sun. Cran was entered in Master all 4 trials- he just needs points for his Rach so that's what we were there for. I entered Jocu in Intermediate in both Sat shows and Destin in Intermediate in both Sun shows. They also offered team so Cran and Destin were on the team, and Flyer and a friend to fill in for Justus. I'd never seen team Rally before- we've been doing team Obedience for a while so we wanted to give it a shot.
    everyone did good- Jocu got his Intermediate title Sat morning- that would be the run that I forgot to video at all. Cran did get some points so it was a good trip for him. and Destin got more ring time- he got his Intermediate title last fall. the boys need more practice before moving to offleash in Advanced.
    so there are videos but due to the tablet being on a tripod and far from the entry gate, the videos need edited before I can post them - still working on that.

Ann, KarenCurtis, Darren and 4 others like this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Can’t wait to see the videos!
    :pop:yes:

Sounds like you guys had a great time!

3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Team Rally sounds like fun...unfortunately not something offered here. Can't wait to see the videos!

Darren, Sandy in CT and Sharon7 like this.
  4. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    That was an unusual trial due to the Covid restrictions but so glad that title, ribbons and points were won! Congratulations!!! I hope to hear that you will be back!

5. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Forums Sage

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Congratulations!!!

Never heard of team Rally but sounds like fun!!!

Darren and Piper's mom like this.
  6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    It was but it went really well. everyone cooperated with the guidelines and we definitely had fun.
    I kinda liked crating out of the car- it was good for Destin as he barked last year when he heard me with Cranberry in the ring.
    yes, we plan to come again in the future:yes: as long as you'll let us come :winkgrin:

KarenCurtis, Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.
  7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
  8. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Nice job and looks like fun! Thanks for sharing.

ghggp, Piper's mom and Calliesmom like this.
  9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Great job! Bet it helps to get ring time since all the Covid lock downs! So fun to see the level of concentration! I bet it is easier with not so many folks allowed in the building causing distractions!

Hanne, Sharon7 and Calliesmom like this.
  10. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    yes for the younger dogs- when Cran is in there, he's very focused and doesn't notice too much outside the ring. there was one time at our horse arena, someone who doesn't compete decided to watch with her dog and sat on the arena side by the rings instead of the bleachers on the other side. Cran wasn't the only one to give her and the dog a good look but he did complete the course.
    I did see both Jocu and Destin check out the judge when we were in the ring in Atlanta-like what is that person doing in here?

Sharon7 likes this.