Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Available - Conference on dog behaviour 2018

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Caro, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    "The SPARCS Conference is a three-day scientific conference hosted by National Canine Research Council that blends the format of a traditional academic conference with a format that is welcoming, friendly, and engaging for all audiences."

Talks for the last 4 years are available at http://www.sparcsinitiative.org/watch/
    There's some really fascinating presentations, should keep you occupied for months. Shame everyone uses powerpoint nowadays though, would be good to download as podcasts and listen while walking the dog.

Only had a look at a couple so far, but I have discovered that cross-breeds can create entirely different traits, not a combo of the parents. Guardian dogs and retrievers should not chase balls. And Lassie will not save you, or Timmy, if you fall down a well.

2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Thanks for the post! Can’t wait to watch.

You should suggest a podcast format also! Certainly easy enough to convert!

Actually, I could just use my smartphone and plug in my headphones and listen while walking!

3. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Oh boy! Saving for a sick day!

4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Forums Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Cool! I will check this out when I get a chance! Thanks Caro.