Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Awesome Day

Discussion in 'Agility' started by Calliesmom, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    so we went to an agility trial in Pensacola today.
    wasn't sure how it would go as I strained my calf the other day and walking was more like limping and running..... wasn't sure how it would go.
    we got there this morning and walking was fine.
    then I ran Destin in novice Fast- he Qd so that was his title- but yeah- leg hurt after that.
    after 2 weekends running all the dogs, I had only entered Dix and Destin at this one.
    so then Dixie ran in Mst Jww and we Qd. she hasn't Qd since last spring.... I was like- ok- we've had a great day, anything else is just for fun. and then she Qd in Std. our second Double Q ever and her first in Preferred. totally awesome.......
    Destin blew his weaves all 3 times in Nov Jww and then it took all 3 tries in Std and he blew his teeter.... which we've been working on since he blew it in Jan..... and that's why he's still in Novice although I am planning on moving him up- hopefully by Apr but maybe May....
    just have to see how his weave work goes in the next month or so...........

and then we got home and when I checked my email- AKC sent us one saying that Cranberry's entry for the RNC was accepted....... wow.....

agility videos to come when uploaded.......................

Pam and Cara Sandler like this.
  2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Congratulations on a terrific day! Hope you're resting your leg..... :biggrin2:

Pam likes this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Outstanding news!!
    Just wish you were not in pain!
    Can't wait for the videos! :pop

4. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Get that leg healed -- sounds like you're going to need every muscle!! Congrats!!

5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I have been using ice packs on it and if you know me, that means it really hurts as I avoid cold stuff as much as possible.
    I did get some CopperFit knee his as they looked to be the only thing that would cover the injured area and between the ice and those, I was able to get around ok. walking wasn't bad but after that first run Sat morning.... but I had my ice pack at the trial and used it between classes so it is better than I expected.
    Sunday, Dixie didn't finish her weaves and I was in the wrong place so I sent her off course in Std. she did Q in jww.
    Destin didn't do the teeter- hopped on and off so quick that I couldn't do anything- I was pretty sure that he got all 4 paws on it so I couldn't try to get him on it again. He also got a Q in jww.
    Sat
    Destin nov Fast
    nov Jww
    nov Std

Dix mst Jww
    Mst Std

Sun
    Destin nov Jww
    nov Std

Dix mst Jww
    Mst Std

Chris and ghggp like this.
  6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Love, LOVE, LOVE watching your videos!!!!

I can't believe how well you got around the course with your injured leg!

Those runs looked good to me...

7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    thanks- I asked someone watching and they said it didn't look like I was hurt. I wondered if how I was running affected the dogs but they said it looked normal- guess it's the adrenaline cause I felt it afterwards.....

8. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I thought the same. You did not look hurt at all!!!

9. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    New York
    Great videos! Dixie looks great! How does she like the new 12 inch table height? We love that it is higher now! Hope your leg is feeling better!

Congratulations on all your success!!

10. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    well, I just dropped her to 12" preferred in Nov so she only did one trial before the table change. it really doesn't seem to matter to her. It's better for Destin as most of his practice table time was actually on the 16" table- we're too lazy to change the legs- so he had some issues with flying off the other side.
    yes- the leg is doing better- thanks