Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Bark change with age?

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by SheepOfBlue, May 15, 2018.

1. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    Spitfire has developed a second bark which is deeper. First time I heard it I thought was Angus. Anyones Sheltie's bark deepened with age?

2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    My Laddie did! When he matured, the first bark with the deeper tone it shocked him! It was funny to watch his expression!

SheepOfBlue likes this.
  3. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    All I know is, Penny sounds like Bea Arthur from Maude! :lol:

4. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Not only did Fillion's voice deepen, the way he barks changed. He is still adding to his vocabulary at 5. A while back something was going on outside and he said BA-ROOOOOO! and went flying out the dog door. I looked at my husband and asked When did I get a beagle?? :ROFLMAO:

Hanne and SheepOfBlue like this.
  5. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Actually Deska went the reverse- started with a high pitched hysterical bark, maybe he was hanging around too many little dogs. Tully always had a little dog bark.

6. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    Beau's bark definitely deepened and became louder with age. His whole bark style changed from high pitched and more frequent barks in a pattern to deeper, louder, longer individual barks in the pattern. When he is being "bratty" he will revert to his baby barks--and with my husband it works and he knows it. LOL

SheepOfBlue likes this.
  7. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    Oh yes Spitfire still has the king of sas bark down. He was telling my brother last night how tough he is LOL.