Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

BarXStop

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by ghggp, Jan 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Has anyone heard of this product?
    The BarXStop is a highly developed device that uses ultrasonic sound and high-pitched tones to get your dogs to stop barking and be in a calmer, more relaxed state.

https://www.top10gadgets.shop/barxstop-review/

Pros
    • Can use it on annoying neighborhood dogs
    • Portable
    • You can’t hear it
    • Less expensive than other options
    • Four different types allowing you to choose your personal preference
    • Non-Violent Pet Training Device
    • Works On All Breeds
    • Recommended by The Best Dog Trainers
    • Easy to Use
    Cons
    • Triggers for all nearby dogs.
    • The device can’t differentiate between different reasons of barking.

2. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Not sure about that, but some years ago I brought a Petsafe Barkhouse, which is an outside ultrasonic unit. After the first couple of instances it was just ignored and turned into a waste of money. Too bad you aren't nearby because I've give it to you to try. I also brought ultrasonic collars, that again worked the first few times and then were ignored. That is, except for one particular collar which also vibrated. Now that scared the bejeebers out of Mr D, I just had to show him and he'd shut up, he was so scared of it. And I think I only actually put it on him once. Tully took a few more times to hate it. But I ended up only getting it out when I was desperate - because even though it was not physical hurting, the fear it cause was too awful and I hated scaring him that much.

Have you tried downloading an ultrasonic sound on your phone? If it's just a thing to point then even a whistle should work - it's just about making a sound that will interrupt. Oh and I could still hear the ultrasonic sound.

Darren and Sharon7 like this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    "Have you tried downloading an ultrasonic sound on your phone? If it's just a thing to point then even a whistle should work - it's just about making a sound that will interrupt. Oh and I could still hear the ultrasonic sound."

Downloaded Dog Repellant for iPhone. They were not barking but it sure seemed to get their attention. It was on 1/2 volume. I could not hear it. What a hoot. Never knew that existed.

Darren likes this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    I have often wondered about those devices. There are a similar kind that are supposed to deter gophers in your yard also. I have not tried, nor talked to anyone who has tried one, though. Would be great if it did work, and no harm done. Kinda sounds too good to be true, though.

Darren likes this.
  5. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    My neighbor had something similar (different brand) but he said it gave him a headache when he used it. The dogs he had apparently would just look up for a second and then continue doing what they were doing so he gave it away.
    I suppose it's one of those things where some brands will work a lot better than others.

6. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    You would never use anything that would cause pain. Anything else may get their attention for a while, but they are smart enough to figure out it can be ignored without issue.

Darren and Sharon7 like this.
  7. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    You're right there. I found quite a few studies showing that some people are quite effected by sounds outside our hearing range and when testing for noise businesses also need to test for noise outside our hearing range. There's even studies about 'spooky houses' which have shown they have low level sounds that are outside our normal range but gives some people a shiver up the spine kind of feeling. Really quite interesting stuff (well for me, I like reading about odd science things).

Piper's mom, KarenCurtis and Darren like this.
  8. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    neighbor put up one of the barkhouse things to try and get my dogs to stop barking at his kids and dog playing where mine could see them. being clueless about dogs and shelties specifically, it just made them bark even more...... it's gone away now....

9. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    That is actually quite interesting haha, I'm going to look it up for some light reading tomorrow as I'm quite intrigued.

Piper's mom and Caro like this.
  10. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Piper's mom and Darren like this.