Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Bath day pics

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Photo Updates' started by Margi, May 12, 2020.

1. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
  2. TheDailyPainter

TheDailyPainter Forums Enthusiast

Sep 19, 2019
    You take such beautiful photos of beautiful dogs!

3. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    So beautiful and such GOOD boys to pose so pretty for pictures!!! You bathed them all in one day? Impressed!

How do your dogs deal with heat? I know you've had some warm days already. Are they like the humans where they simply adjust to the heat because they live there? I imagine their coats are like insulation - from cold but also from heat.

Piper's mom, Calliesmom and Darren like this.
  4. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Love the photos Margi, they are looking perfect. I love how they always look so happy in the photos as well haha.

Piper's mom, Calliesmom and Margi like this.
  5. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Actually I did Koko Sunday to see if my back was gonna be able to take it. But usually I do them all same day, takes about 1.5 hours per dog if I keep up between baths LOL.

Their coats supposedly act as insulation. Arizona dogs are just used to it like we are. I've seen Koko taking a nap in the sun at 100+ degrees. They are active in the evening and early morning and spend the rest of the day just hanging out. I am done walking them by 7 am now and next month will have to leave the house at 5 am to get any cooler air at all! We are opposite rest of the country--this is our "winter" when we have to stay indoors during the day. The other 8-9 months are perfect though! It would be helpful if I was a morning person, but I hate rolling out of bed and rushing out that early. Ugh.

Piper's mom, Darren, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  6. Sandy in CT

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    I was out one year to help dad - we got out by 5 to clean up the pool cover to avoid the heat! Dad lives in a bit higher elevation so he gets the heat during the day but cools down so nicely at night. It is SO true that less humidity makes the air cooler - MUCH nicer weather in Southern AZ than up in Phoenix - too many folks trying to bring grass and other climates into the dessert have raised the humidity there - it is just darn HOT!

Glad you got all your puppers done - all these baths, thinking Brodie needs one!

Piper's mom, Darren and Calliesmom like this.
  7. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Yeah Corona is at 3400' so we are a few degrees cooler than in Tucson proper, plus we don't get the retained heat from all the concrete. Phoenix is literally hell on earth LOL I don't know how they stand it!

8. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    good job:yes:
    they always look so good in freshly bathed pix...

Piper's mom, Darren and Margi like this.
  9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Three handsome dudes! I know it's a job to do 3 baths - luckily Meadow hasn't needed a bath since the great pond diving incident. Not looking forward to having to bathe 3 adults after a day at the beach.... :uhoh:

10. Sandy in CT

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    If I ever get out to see dad again, we'll have to do coffee! Looks like hes about 30 minutes south of Corona, he's on the way to Madeira Canyon, near the elementary school area.