Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Bath time apocalypse

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Darren, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Well since I did a nice little post about Monty and his 6 months, now for the other side of him just to even it out....

I had my home to myself one night last week so decided to have a relaxing bath on my own. Once I was in the tub, as usual little Monty gets on his back legs, has a look in the tub and walks away....
    A very short time later I heard running and turned just in time to watch Monty leaping through the air and into my bath. Since I had the water hot, I panicked, grabbed him and dropped him over the side onto the floor, completely soaking wet.
    Monty now decided that me dropping him out the tub up was the start of a game and starting backing up. I shouted to stay as he was dripping everywhere and I jumped out the bath to get him. At this point he decided it was a game of chase so ran off with me chasing him with a towel....
    It was now like a comedy show as there was a soaking wet dog and nude wet man running all around the house after each other :uhoh:. Monty was jumping on chairs, beds, up and down stairs, it was a disaster :lol::lol:
    I finally managed to throw the towel on him and stop him but by then I had 2 beds, my bedroom, living room and upstairs carpets, my chairs all wet through.

Sooo my relaxing night ended with me spending hours with a hair dryer, drying sheets, carpets annnd a dog.......:gaah.....Next time I shut the door!!!!!

Watson's Mom, Sharon7, RikyR and 11 others like this.
  2. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    All my dogs have had the zoomies after a bath. I think it's the towelling off they've loved. I have learned to keep the bathroom door closed! :):)

3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    :yuckyuck

Now that would have made a great video!

Darren, Calliesmom, Wendy C and 2 others like this.
  4. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    OMG, sorry Darren but I laughed so hard reading this I spit out my tea! I can just picture Monty sailing through the air into the water. I'm sure you weren't laughing when it happened, but in retrospect it's hilarious!

jomuir, MidWestJen, Darren and 4 others like this.
  5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    Oh my...I can almost picture it...that Monty sure is a handful! As much as my guys like to put their paws over the side of the tub they have never tried to jump in (although I have at times grabbed Finnie's paws and threatened him with it lol). I agree...shut the door!!!

MidWestJen, Darren, ghggp and 3 others like this.
  6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Yup...I had a good laugh too...I'm just sorry there was no video. Now that would be funny!;)

7. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Thank you so much
    - this is definitely the funniest Sheltie story I have read in a long, long time :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    we love Monty !!
    we love Monty !!

Darren, ghggp, Calliesmom and 3 others like this.
  8. Bailey's Mom

Bailey's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    Massachusetts
    That is too funny.

I've never had a Sheltie that liked water. I swear they mine have thought they are related to the wicked witch in the wizard of Oz and are sure they will melt. Mine won't jump in in fact they will do just about anything to avoid going into water. However, jumping out and making a mess with water everywhere, well that has been all three of ours, boy and girls.

The groomers claim they are quite well behaved during bath time but they also have the means to keep them in the tubs which my bathroom lacks.

They do seem happier when we shower over tubbing. I'm not sure why but they can't understand why we would willingly go into a tub.

RikyR, Darren, ghggp and 3 others like this.
  9. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    HA HA HA :). Yes I laughed, yes it would be good on the Telly, laughed so hard I had to read the post to hubby! Cooper says “Monty, you are the best!” :)

Darren, ghggp, Hanne and 2 others like this.
  10. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    OMG I'm dyin'!! Laughed till I cried! There he was going Monty on you and then we get the Full Monty!
    HHAHAHAHAHA!

Darren, ghggp, Sandy in CT and 4 others like this.