Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Bella Update

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by kstraub73, Dec 18, 2019.

1. kstraub73

kstraub73 Forums Enthusiast

Jun 7, 2009
    Hi all!

I just thought I would post an update on Bella. She is at the 3 month mark from when they gave her 3-6 months, and she's doing well! (Knock on wood!)

She's eating, drinking, taking her fluids, taking her meds like a champ in pill pockets. We still can't get her to eat her prescription food, but she has been eating the same wet food for months now (Beneful chopped food with veggies mixed in... and I've started topping it with Cesars wet foot - the meat with veggies in it). If she snubs anything, tossing some peas in it gets her to eat too. I will take it considering where we were a few months ago!

She goes on normal walks, plays with dogs, and is really her normal self, which I'm happy to see. We know that her time is still going to be limited, she still has the gallbladder mucocele in the background, and that we're going to face the inevitable at some point, but for now we are taking every day as a blessing and happy to have our regular girl with us.

Thank you again for all your words of encouragement. I'm sure I will be here for more when she starts to decline.

Happy Holidays to you all!
    Kerri

2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Glad to hear she is maintaining quality of life. We were grateful for every extra day with Brooke. I hope you have lots more time with her.

3. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Merry Christmas - Happy Holidays - Enjoy your time with Bella!

4. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

5. kstraub73

kstraub73 Forums Enthusiast

Jun 7, 2009
    Another Bella update... we re-checked her labs yesterday. Proteins and Phosphorus are both in normal range, and Creatinine and Albumin improved slightly. Everything else stayed about the same. I'll take it for now. Still eating, taking fluids, taking her meds... all good things. We have another trip coming up in February and I just pray and cross my fingers that we don't have any sharp declines right beforehand like we did in September. Hope everyone's babies are doing well!

Piper's mom, Ann, Hanne and 4 others like this.
  6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Excellent news! Good going Bella! Keep it up!

Piper's mom likes this.
  7. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I'm so happy you're having good days!

Piper's mom likes this.
  8. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Treasure this time, as I'm sure you are. It is wonderful to have a bit of reprieve. I hope Bella still has lots of good time with you.

Piper's mom likes this.