Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Bitsy Boodle is Approaching the Sunset

Discussion in 'Senior Sheltie Health' started by Chris, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I fear we're slowly saying farewell to Bits. Her walking is becoming increasingly unsteadt. She is akin and bones. She wakes around three-month in the wee hours to puddle and get a gabapentin. And we're seeing more and more of that lost look, the stopping and staring.

But she's still eating, and she still wants to go down to her stream every day, though she needs help getting to her drinking spot. As long as these good days continue, so will she. She'll tell us when it's time.

KarenCurtis, Jams, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  2. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate ny
    Chris, this is never an easy time, a time we dread, and yet it is a precious time...a combination of so much to be thankful for as well as such deep sadness as you know your little Bitsy is slowly letting go of life. I know you will make whatever time she has as comfortable and filled with love as possible even as your own heart is breaking. Many prayers for little Bitsy and for you.

Trini

3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Chris, I am really sorry to hear about dear Bits. Hopefully, she will have more good days than bad. I know how heartbreaking it is to know the Sunset years are approaching. We all know you will make it as comfortable for her as possible!

Virtual hugs to you both!

KarenCurtis and Chris like this.
  4. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    No. I feel as though every week I read sad news about the beautiful souls I've gotten to know on Sheltie Forums. My heart keeps breaking. You know I have a big soft spot for Bitsy and Layla. Beautiful girl, I do hope she has more warm spring days to lay in the sunlight and watch her family.

5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I'm so sorry to hear that Chris! Watching them decline is the hardest. I hope you have more happy days to spend with Bits.

KarenCurtis, Chris and ghggp like this.
  6. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    So sorry. It is so hard when our pets age. But as my son says, it is the circle of life. Two weeks ago we said goodbye to our precious Tigger, our 19 year old cat. Her senior years were her best years - she got sassy, full of attitude. They bring us so much happiness and love, and leave such holes when they leave us.

7. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    I'm very sorry to hear about Bitsy, Chris. I agree with Caro...we've known so many of these pups for as many years as we've had our own that it's harder and harder to see the news that we're losing them. I'm seeing it happen with Barkley too. I'm glad Bitsy is still enjoying life and your loving care, and I hope she has many more good days with you. Sending you hugs.

8. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Chris, Bitsy couldn't be in more competent or caring hands. I'm so very sorry her time is drawing near. I tried to sear Brooke's precious face into my memory during this period. I know you will do the same. I hope dear Bitsy is able to enjoy a bit more time with you, doing what she loves and what you love about her. :hugs

9. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Aw geez. Such a hard time we have to go through with our beloved furkids :hugs
    I gotta go hug Koko now.

10. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    Give her extra hugs from us.