Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Blueberry is good to go anywhere!!!

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Piper's mom, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I’m so excited...got the results from Blueberry’s titer test and she’s been cleared!
    I’m so so happy that I don’t need to vaccinate her again and we’ll recheck at 1 year old. Interesting though that just the two shots (8 week and 12 week) were enough to give her immunity. Perhaps we are over vaccinating our dogs...
    Hi Lisa,

I have attached a copy of the Vaccichek titre test results performed on Blueberry today.

At this time, it indicated that Blueberry has sufficient antibodies against Adenovirus, Parvovirus and Distemper.

We recommend performing a titre test annually to ensure she has adequate titres.

Darren, sable, Hanne and 8 others like this.
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    This is great news. I know you are relieved. How about her tremors? Have you still been seeing them?
    Now you can be out and about with that cutie pie. I'm sure she'll charm her way through town.

3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    She still has them Sharon but I don’t see them unless I’m holding her and she’s quite relaxed. They don’t seem to be quite as bad but it’s hard to tell. I was holding her yesterday and she did it but it wasn’t as strong...I had to question whether it was the tick or not (I consider it more of a tick than a tremor...it’s not preceded by anything just there and gone).
    I’m very happy...I was so worried about what if...no need to worry now!

Darren, Hanne, KarenCurtis and 3 others like this.
  4. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I'm so happy for you and Blueberry, Lisa! Titers are a wonderful tool. I do think we are overvaccinating our dogs. Mine all get titers and I've never yet had one show that they need a vaccine. Enjoy that darling puppy!

Darren, Hanne, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  5. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Great news! and yes we are...

Darren, Sharon7 and Sandy in CT like this.
  6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Unfortunately I’m too busy painting a dresser (my upstairs looks like a tornado hit) to take her for a walk but I did take her out to the front yard (I live on a busy street which is also a truck route). It was quite the thrill letting her walk on the boulevard sniffing. She wasn’t phased at all by the loud semi’s going by, of course she hears them in the back yard too. After supper I need to run for groceries and then we’ll go for a walk, just the two of us!
    I should add this vet is the cheapest by far for a titre...only $61. My vet is $275 and the holistic vet was $200!

KarenCurtis, Hanne, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  7. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    YEAH!!!! Yes, I do feel our dogs are over vaccinated. We never vaccinated our kids annually. Think it's an easy way to make money, ensure folks bring their dogs in because unlike kids, who require an annual physical completed to attend school, many will not visit the vet for check ups unless they feel their is a reason - vaccines is the reason!

So glad Blueberry is good to go!!! YEAH!!!!

Darren, Hanne and Piper's mom like this.
  8. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Most vaccines are over done. Better to aim high than low.

Darren and Piper's mom like this.
  9. sable

sable Premium Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Happy to hear all is going well. Its a big relief.

Darren and Piper's mom like this.
  10. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    We’ll be starting puppy class in about two weeks...the trainer managed to work the class into a Monday morning....sucks when you work evenings! She’s going to have so much fun!

Darren, Sandy in CT and ghggp like this.