Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Blueberry update

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Piper's mom, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    We had our visit this morning with the holistic vet...very very nice and apparently Blueberry was a huge hit with all the staff lol. There were many takers if I don’t want her:ROFLMAO:...
    After a 30 minute phone consult they came out for Blueberry and the vet then did a complete physical and a neurological exam which she passed with zero deficits. They did blood work CBC/Chem as well as a bile acids test. We won’t know results for a couple days.
    This vet did see the video and did say had she not seen it she wouldn’t have known anything was wrong.
    For now it’s just keep an eye on it, make sure it’s not getting any worse or hopefully if it starts to get less. Vet did say to titre her at 20 weeks (she didn’t think it’s vaccine related but it is a possibility) for parvo and distemper and again at a year, no tick medication because some do increase the risk of seizures and because she already has a risk they would increase her risk. Also not to start her on raw until full grown...because they don’t know everything about the blood/brain barrier (they are proponents or a raw diet).
    All in all it was a very good (although expensive) visit and it really answered a lot of my questions.
    Miss Blueberry is now having a nap in her crate...very tired lol.

Hanne, Darren, RikyR and 9 others like this.
  2. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Lisa, it sounds like it was a good overall review...and of course they loved Blueberry...she is so adorable and full of life.
    Trini

Hanne, Cindy, Darren and 6 others like this.
  3. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Blueberry is a total charmer!

Darren, danisgoat, Sharon7 and 3 others like this.
  4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Well, good news so far!

Thank goodness for iPhones to be able to record what happened! I swear it is like bringing your car in for service and the problem it intermittent and does not show itself at the dealer!

Hopefully, the bloodwork will be within normal ranges! Fingers, arms, legs, and paws crossed!

Hanne, Darren, danisgoat and 3 others like this.
  5. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Excellent news! Glad you had a great visit! And of course they would love Ms. Blueberry!!!!!

It's great that you had the video for them to see. And so much good advice. When will you get the results from her bloodwork? What is the breeder doing now? Is she just letting you do things and awaiting the outcome?

Your girl obviously stole your heart, and your boys, not to mention all of us at SN - glad you are sticking with her!!!

Hanne, Darren, ghggp and 4 others like this.
  6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    What a hopeful report. Thanks so much for the update, you must have been holding your breath! I'm not one bit surprised they all loved Blueberry - you're lucky you got her back! :lol: That's how it is with mine when they go in also. I hope it makes you feel a bit more relaxed about her future, she's a special one alright.

Hanne, Darren, Sandy in CT and 2 others like this.
  7. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Great news so far! That must be a relief for sure. Hopefully the twitch will be a thing of the past very soon. Not surprised that Miss Blueberry has an office full of new fans!

Hanne, Darren, Sandy in CT and 3 others like this.
  8. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Not sure how long the blood work takes...at least a day. It's pretty much all up to me, I keep the breeder updated but I make all the decisions and I am responsible for all the costs. She has certainly stolen my heart...last night I went into the living room to get my jacket to take her outside and she started crying because I had a baby gate up and couldn't follow me. She is such a total sweetheart and loves to cuddle on my chest, the higher the better.

I forgot to add that she gained over a pound in just over 2 weeks! Now 10.1 pounds! She's got a bit of a belly but her ribs feel good. She loves her food!

Darren, Sandy in CT, ghggp and 5 others like this.
  9. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Well thats good overall news! Titers are a good idea. If she's already got enough immunity, I'd stop while I was ahead!

Darren, Sandy in CT, ghggp and 2 others like this.
  10. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    By the way a Blueberry update without pictures is totally unacceptable.

Hanne, Cindy, KarenCurtis and 7 others like this.