Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Blueberry update

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Piper's mom, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Well we finally got a height on Blueberry...went to get her ears done and she’s sitting right in the middle of the height for her age at 13 3/4”...no risk of going over. It’s a 30 minute highway drive and I had to do a curb side pickup at Walmart first (10 minutes from home) and Blueberry threw up right after getting at Walmart, and this was after eating 1 1/2 of the ginger cookies. Not a good sign...
    Yup...she threw up 2 more times! Poor girl and she didn’t have any breakfast either!
    The breeder had some Cerenia from her dam Willow who also had bad motion sickness so she got 1/2 a tablet for the drive home and she was good. Poor girl will never enjoy car rides if we can’t get a handle on this. On the plus side Willow is now 3 and doesn’t suffer from motion sickness any longer.
    I’m definitely looking forward to obedience (puppy) class on Monday...it’ll be so nice to finally get her out socializing with other puppy’s! This is a great trainer who doesn’t have huge classes either and does great sanitizing!
    Another good sign is her twitches are diminishing! At the breeder I was holding her and as she got tired she didn’t do it once. She now gets CBD oil (specifically for dogs) twice a day as well as a probiotic and a super antioxidant every day. She is most definitely the healthiest puppy!
    Here’s a current pic..just 3 days shy of her turning 5 months old! 7882B854-F3FF-45AD-8500-BF6163627CC0.png A8A29647-D0FC-45BC-9506-F53115D4F76F.jpeg

Elei, Calliesmom, KarenCurtis and 7 others like this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Poor Blueberry, getting car sick is no fun for either of you! Glad she got medicated before her trip home.
    Can’t wait to hear how puppy class goes. She so outgoing I think she will have a blast!
    So glad to hear she is not having twitching! Fingers crossed that it keeps diminishing!
    Lovely pictures!

Ann, Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.
  3. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    I wish I'd had that stuff for Fil. Once he started urping every car ride he stopped wanting to go. My husband's oldest girl just got a standard poodle puppy. He threw up every time in the car. She started taking a small trash can and he threw up in it LOL.
    She's such a cutie pie!

Ann, Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Awww, great update with nice photos! I love her silver ear. Super good news about the twitches diminishing, too. It takes some dogs a while to grow out of the motion sickness... truth be told Elijah turned 3 before he really quit having problems, our first Sheltie was fine after she was about a year old.

Ann and Piper's mom like this.
  5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Haha a trash can might’ve been a good idea!
    The first time it was cookies so out went that pee pad. Second time was almost all liquid...a bazooka puke. Might’ve helped with that one but when travelling on the highway I guess the paper towels were a better idea lol

Sharon7 and Ann like this.
  6. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    Zulu threw up a lot in the car when he was Blueberry's age. Then one day he just stopped, never got carsick again. Hopefully, Blueberry will do the same.

Sharon7 and Piper's mom like this.
  7. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Have you tried Rescue Remedy yet? It worked well for Layla.

Sharon7 and Piper's mom like this.
  8. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    I looked this up and it’s more for anxiety, Blueberry gets motion sickness. She’s really not anxious in the car...no drooling and really no warning when she’s going to vomit...just boom and she’s spewing. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Sharon7 likes this.
  9. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Asked the breeder how tall she thought she’d get and she’s thinking 15 - 15 1/4” although she said she could surprise her and stay small. She’s now exactly the same height as Piper so looks like he’ll continue to be the smallest, bossiest Sheltie here:ROFLMAO:.

Sharon7 likes this.
  10. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Good update and Blueberry is looking so beautiful. Our Faelee was horribly car sick until she was almost 3 and then suddenly it stopped totally. Hopefully Blueberry won't take that long but at least there is a good chance that she will outgrow the car sickness.
    Trini

Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.