Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Brooke's new wheels

Discussion in 'Senior Sheltie Health' started by Sharon7, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    I had the brilliant idea of asking my dog club members if anyone had a pet stroller I could borrow. Brooke is feeling remarkably well, and she is very sad at being left behind when we walk Faith and Eli, but the vets don't want her to exert herself too much for fear of re-bleeding.

We took her out in it yesterday. It is a bit small, but she is able to lie down in it, and she did great! Looking all around, taking everything in. I got her out to stretch her legs a bit and go potty, but most of the time she was in the stroller. I'm so very glad she accepts it and we can take her out again!
    IMG_2751.JPG

Hanne, corbinam and RikyR like this.
  2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    What a terrific solution, Sharon! Brooke looks pretty happy there. I'm so glad you found a way to get her out with the group. I love my doggie stroller, they really are useful. Sending continued good thoughts and pats to Brooke.

Sharon7 likes this.
  3. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Awwwh, I am so glad she is able to join the group on their walks.

Sharon7 likes this.
  4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Brooke looks great in her new ride! I love strollers! Keeping them with you for walks makes such a difference in their mental attitude! Good for you, good for Brooke! Happy days!

Sharon7 likes this.
  5. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    That is so great to have her on family walks, esp at this time when you want her to live the time she has happy. They really do appreciate being able to go out and be with you when they can't get far themselves. I think they will push themselves even when they're struggling and actually do like it when you tell them they have to rest - I know Deska did. When I was very sick, all I wanted was to smell the fresh air and feel the sunlight, it is such a great tonic.

ghggp and Sharon7 like this.
  6. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Glad Brooke likes the stroller! Gavin thinks his is his moveable throne!

ghggp, Sharon7 and Caro like this.
  7. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    OMG - that is a great analogy! Deska would get in his stroller and bark and wiggle and I'm sure he was saying 'everyone look at me, over here, look this way, I'm king of the world'.

ghggp, Hanne and Sharon7 like this.
  8. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Seriously! we will meet dogs, and Gavin will bark with excitement but won't even get up from his reclining position anymore but just move his nose closer to the screen door on his stroller! I can open that little door to let other dogs greet him and he still won't move (neighbor dogs, they are friends. wouldn't do that with a strange dog)

9. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    So cute!!!!!

Sharon7 likes this.
  10. Mike in Bakersfield

Mike in Bakersfield Forums Novice

Jan 12, 2019
    I'm so glad you and Brooke have found a way to keep having good times together. Know she's loving it!

ghggp likes this.