Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

California winter stroll

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Sharon7, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    :hide Not trying to make anyone crazy who is sick of snow, but here's a shot of one of the spots we take the dogs to on a Sunday walk. Overlooks the coastline. It was while Meadow was on rest-mode due to her spay, last Sunday.

We are supposed to get a major winter storm next Wed/Thurs - up to 6 inches of rain in two days.... :eek2: hopefully no flooding. Should be loads of fun getting the dogs to potty in a downpour..... :rolleyes2: I think snow would be a lot better to cope with than that!

SBCC view.jpg

Hanne, GlennR, Ann and 8 others like this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    What a beautiful shot...must be a blast to let them play off lead to run full out!
    I am with you, snow is so much more fun for dogs! Yesterday we got several inches and the dogs just love it!

082D91D6-174C-41E2-B3AE-1DBCAB743788.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    Hanne, GlennR, Ann and 7 others like this.
  3. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Lovely pictures! The sun and water and palm trees setting is gorgeous!

Beau is so calm in the snow - Brodie goes absolutely nuts at the slightest flakes that fall. He runs around jumping in the air eating them. He LOVES snow and has that joy of young kids let out in it. We've only had one real snow storm so far this year - he was in heaven! We have had a few days of flakes falling and potentially some tonight or tomorrow. Been sort of a blah, gray winter so far with not much activity.

Hanne, Piper's mom, ghggp and 2 others like this.
  4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    mine love the snow- at the holidays, they actually got to play in some this year:yes:
    luckily, if they have to go, they will go out in the rain. if they don't have to, frequently they will look out the door and turn around if it's pouring.......

Ann, Piper's mom, ghggp and 3 others like this.
  5. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    wow love the photo Sharon! I would be walking that everyday haha.
    That's making me miss our summer, we're stuck in limbo at the minute, it's freezing cold but no snow, just ice everywhere.

Hanne, Piper's mom, ghggp and 2 others like this.
  6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Beautiful picture Sharon! I’m very very envious...overnight low of -35 C with windchill of -45 C. High tomorrow of -26 and windchill again -45 C. You can have the snow (and cold) and I’ll gladly take the rest!
    Puppy’s first day here will be spent indoors with plenty of pee pads

ghggp, Sharon7 and Sandy in CT like this.
  7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Riley would come to a dead stop if he saw it was pouring out:ROFLMAO:...I remember once having to push him out! Lol

ghggp, Sharon7 and Calliesmom like this.
  8. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    sometimes when we have tropical weather it rains all day for more than one day. I remember one time, I had to put the rain coat on Callie, put my rain coat on and take her out on leash with an umbrella in the back yard. she was not going out on her own and I told her, it wasn't going to get any better any time soon. she did eventually go when I made sure she could stay as dry as possible:rolleyes2::uhoh:

ghggp, Sharon7 and Piper's mom like this.
  9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    That's gonna be us tomorrow - supposed to rain 3 inches tomorrow and 2 the next day! Raincoat, umbrella, and PLEASE HURRY UP DOGS!!!

10. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    It's a snow day here. We walked very early to get our steps in prior to the snowfall making things difficult on the pathways. We got home just as the snow was starting to really fall heavily. Half a foot is coming our way.

Eating her way back home:
    https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/Willow/i-s46bmkk/0/c383d65f/1280/IMG_3485-1280.mp4

Hey dad, that snow is getting in my eyes:
    https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/Willow/i-H4x5Bwb/0/0e37e1e3/1280/IMG_3484-1280.mp4

Home again, in the yard:
    https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/Willow/i-GqRKwQP/0/2e3b9424/X3/IMG_3505-X3.jpg

Frosted Sheltie:
    https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/Willow/i-8V9MWng/0/777ac3a0/X3/IMG_3503-X3.jpg

Willow likes to go out frequently when it is snowing. I think she does it to get towelled off when she comes back in.