Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Can you ever really have too many toys?

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Feb 17, 2019.

1. GlennR

GlennR Forums Enthusiast

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    ghggp, Sharon7, Sandy in CT and 2 others like this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    That's not too many toys! I usually get my boys a new toy when they get a vaccination or as a special treat so they have lotssss of toys! Never too many ...until your stepping on them(n);):ROFLMAO:!

ghggp and Caro like this.
  3. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Urgh, definitely there can be too many toys. Tully has far too many, and when she's trying to gt me to throw something she'll manage pulling at 30 toys out of the toy box and surround me with them. So far I've only managed to teach her to put one toy away - that's snakey. Don't know why it's just that toy as it's one of her faves.

ghggp and Piper's mom like this.
  4. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Minnie has a huge basket full of toys.

It is often the toy that is at the bottom she needs :wink2:
    During the day, toys can be found anywhere in the house. :gaah

Too much toys, no, I think Minnie doesn't think so :lol:

ghggp, Sharon7, Piper's mom and 2 others like this.
  5. Katie’s Mom

Katie’s Mom Premium Member

Feb 8, 2019
    Suffolk County,NY
    New Puppy....new toys....lots of new toys!!! She loves them all!

ghggp and Sandy in CT like this.
  6. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    We have decided Brodie must be taught to put his toys back in his baskets! They are everywhere!

Willow can never have too many toys - no such thing!

ghggp and Piper's mom like this.
  7. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Premium Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    I can only see 6 toys in that photo. That is not enough toys. Cassie can play with 6 toys in a ten minute period. And we have three toys that might be magic, because they are ALWAYS in different rooms. The rest of the toys stay in the living room, but Penguin, Monkey and Sheltie travel. Currently, Sheltie is in the Dining Room, Monkey is face down in the kitchen, and Penguin is in our bedroom, face up and arranged on the dog bed. Monkey must be the trouble maker because it is often arranged face down. And if it is left face up, Tara will re-arrange it. But sometimes, Monkey gets face up on a bed privileges. LOL And sometimes Sheltie is laying down, and sometimes it is sitting up. Sheltie has NEVER been face down.

ghggp, Sharon7, Calliesmom and 3 others like this.
  8. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Monkey Penguin and Sheltie sound like scary toys:nailbiting:...I'd keep one eye open when sleeping! You never know what they might do:sneaky:!

ghggp likes this.
  9. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    So many I have lost count. He knows "bring me a toy" but put them back, no way. I tried, but get that "why would you want to put them back" look.

ghggp, Hanne, Sharon7 and 1 other person like this.
  10. GlennR

GlennR Forums Enthusiast

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    I see that many of you agree with Willow, more is better. The pile she has in the photo doesn't encompass all her toys, just the ones she wanted to sleep with that evening. We've been toying with (forgive the pun) teaching her to put them away but I expect we'll get the same look, "Why would I want to do that?" and not have much luck.

ghggp, RikyR and Sandy in CT like this.