Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Car restraint?

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Pam, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    So Beau had been doing beautifully with an EZ Rider harness and Mighty Paws tether in the car. About two weeks ago he decided to start chewing on the tether--remember he just doesn't like harnesses or anything that restrains him LOL So here is picture of clip on tether--I don't even know if it is non-toxic (I sent email to Mighty Paws to ask). I don't have room for crate usually. So any suggestions?
    https://imgur.com/a/X10XJ

2. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    Are you sure you don't have room for a crate? That is really the safest way to go. It might take some creative arranging. I actually managed to fit 2 crates in my tiny little Nissan Juke!

ghggp and Hanne like this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    That is shocking!!!
    I would think that he damaged his teeth!!!

4. Jams

Jams Premium Member

Sep 8, 2017
    I don't know how big your Beau is but these car seats come in 3 sizes. I got the middle sized one for Toby for weight up to 30 lbs. There was a larger size that actually rests on the seat. The smaller 2 sizes don't rest on the car seat.
    There's a double tether inside the little "box" for the dog. The beauty of it is I don't think there's enough room inside for the dog to be able to turn around to reach the tethers. (Perhaps, thouh

Attached Files:

• 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      34.6 KB
      Views: