Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Cassie is something else!

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by MissyGallant, Jun 27, 2019.

1. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    I feel the need to talk about my Cassie. We are still trying to convince her that a leash is a good thing. But other than that, she's just something. She figured out "jump on the couch" a few weeks ago. Since then, she is CONSTANTLY jumping on the couch. But she is now climbing everything. She certainly has shades of Aunt Clarabelle's Belly Goatness. She will jump on the couch, then it's just a short hop to the back of the couch to look out the window. She'll jump onto the futon, then walk across to the couch. I usually have a tv tray set up to put my glass on. So, she'll walk right across that. She is a champion squirrel chaser. She will bark at those things for hours. "Come play with me. Come play with me." Meanwhile, the squirrels are thinking, "It is a dog. RUN!" She is the BIGGEST cuddlebug of the bunch. She loves to cuddle beside me while I watch Designing Women before work. (Yes, I prepare for the day by watching reruns of old tv shows. It allows me to sit and do nothing while I wake up. I am not a morning person.) And she is on our bed between us all night. I do wish her teeth fit into her mouth, but it sort of makes her cute. She is Rocket's bestie. They play for hours every day, and it wears them both out- which is wonderful. And my goodness- when you get home, you had better pick her up and love on her, because she WILL bark at you nonstop until you do! I AM CASSIE AND I WILL NOT BE IGNORED!!!

She is turning into a combination of Cooper, Tara and Clarabelle. She is quite wonderful.

jomuir, Piper's mom, ghggp and 6 others like this.
  2. Wendy C

Wendy C Forums Enthusiast

May 30, 2019
    Cooper 17 weeks today discovered he could jump up up on the couch without any effort at all, but has only done it twice. In our house it sounds like, Cooper off, Cooper leave it, Cooper NO !!! lol. We have a morning cuddle where I put him on my lap and give him some love. Hubby has been away for a week and comes home tomorrow thank goodness as I need a puppy break! On the plus side no accidents since June 1st!!! Cassie sounds like an energetic furkid, not sure this old girl could keep up lol

3. Wendy C

Wendy C Forums Enthusiast

May 30, 2019

Off topic I see you live in Indiana ...we lived in Granger Indiana for 18 years before we retired back home to Canada. Drawn back by 4 Grandkids

Piper's mom and Calliesmom like this.
  4. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Cassie sounds like a hoot! We don't even do stairs here, quite satisfied with being carried up/down, so no couches YET! Will be sure to keep the post about Cassie's antics to myself. Where are the pics of Miss Cassie? Must see this little acrobat!

Piper's mom, Calliesmom and Wendy C like this.
  5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Miss Personality Plus! I think she is doing a good job of keeping you entertained and on your toes!

Calliesmom and Piper's mom like this.
  6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Cassie sounds like a wonderful addition to your pack Missy! Climbing and jumping over the furniture...she must be part cat! Finnie didn't learn to jump on the bed until he was around 10 months old but now he can jump straight up and almost touch my nose with his...he likes to put his paws on the counter when I'm fixing their breakfast but fortunately he doesn't counter surf (although OFF is a word used often in my house) and can put his paws on the window sills upstairs that are 3 feet off the floor and look out the window (he's at least 17" tall and all legs lol). Puppies are wonderful to have around with their silly antics but it's sure nice when they start to grow up!

Calliesmom and Wendy C like this.
  7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    What a heartwarming post! Sounds like you won the sheltie lottery with Cassie!

I LOVE ... “I will not be ignored!”

Calliesmom likes this.
  8. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    She sounds like such a sparkling personality! I would watch where she jumps, though. Puppy joints and bones are delicate!

9. jomuir

jomuir Forums Enthusiast

May 10, 2011
    Can I mommyjack please? Been working on getting Pepper to come on the couch using the steps (we have a mini doxie but our dear departed shelties loved the steps too) and she wasn’t really getting it. Then while playing with the doxie a few nights ago she leapt up and banked off DH who was laying on the couch, up onto the back of the couch then ricocheted off the wall across the room. I didn’t believe it when DH told me then I saw it myself and it was quite a feat. She’s training for agility already lol.

I’m picturing Cassie walking on the tv tray and its cracking me up! She’s got some good ideas just don’t tell Pepper please.

10. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Aw, that's so sweet. But yes I think those girls were definitely designed to chase wild Shetland Sheep up clifftops! Tully was the same. But just beware - tv table one day, benchtop the next!