Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Caution: do NOT let some shelties watch this!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Margi, May 13, 2020.

1. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
  2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    definitely don't let Monty see this:yes:

Sandy in CT, Sharon7 and Darren like this.
  3. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    That is exactly what Tully would do. When she was young she could actually jump straight onto the kitchen bench, and after many emergency vet visits, I decided it was cheaper to redesign the kitchen. Microwave went up high, lots of high cupboards, cupboard handles that easily fit child locks and a food cooling area on a wall shelf. When her hip got worse she started pushing chairs to the bench so now whenever I leave the house all the chairs go on the table. Problem is, sometimes I forget but Tully never does. In the new house the dining area is separate so she has to resort to fishing on the table - she has sent many interesting emails and Facebook messages because the computer is also on the table, and she's started knocking over the garbage bin if that's not on the bench.
    Having a smart, agile food hound is exhausting, and expensive. I did film her. I discovered she waits until she hears my car start up - smart bugger obviously worked out if I went in the car she had longer

4. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    No way, what a clever dog :ROFLMAO:, that is awesome!!!! I'm now feeling blessed to have Monty! That was like a levelled up Monty, he hasn't worked out how to push chairs....yet :lol: Just got to find a way to make sure this video is never shown anywhere again so he can't see it.

Caro that is so funny, that's what I'm going through (minus the chair pushing). I've had to spend so much money redesigning and improving things to stop Monty. It looks like Tully had everything worked out though the smart gal haha. I love that she had worked out moving chairs as well lol.

Sandy in CT, Caro, Calliesmom and 2 others like this.
  5. jomuir

jomuir Premium Member

May 10, 2011
    detroit
    This is incredible! What a smart dog my goodness watching him walk around the kitchen mulling the problem over is so funny. Yes let’s agree Shelties and Monty esp should not be shown this. Monty will be cooking his own food soon enough anyway :ROFLMAO: maybe he’ll have a cooking show.
    I loved this video so much thanks for posting it.

6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Holy cow. Definitely can see the wheels turning in that dog's head! Just amazing they can string all those behaviors together to get the result they want. I daren't even let my dogs in the room where the computer is so they can't see this either!!!

7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    you gotta get some really heavy chairs that Monty wouldn't be able to move:winkgrin::yes:

Sandy in CT and Darren like this.
  8. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Your stories of Monty often remind me of Tully's antics. I swear the little ones have springs in their legs. Plus my own fault for teaching Tully agility - to start with she just resorted to opening cupboards to get dog food out. When her hip went she'd get up and then get stuck, she could be there for hours waiting for me to get home. One of my lottery tickets is a combination of the numbers Tully has entered in the emails and FB posts from walking on the computer keyboard looking for food on the desk!
    As you can see, Tully is usually quite pleased with herself.
    Tully-benches.jpg

ghggp, Piper's mom, jomuir and 6 others like this.
  9. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO: I think that is what will save me as my chairs are quite heavy.

Wow Caro that made me :ROFLMAO:. Tully reminds me so much of Monty and those pictures are amazing! She's even better at it than little Monty and you're right she looks so pleased with herself :yes:. Thanks for sharing the pics, it gives me hope that someone else has been through what I'm getting ha.

Hanne, Calliesmom, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  10. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Tully and Monty - imagine the brains if those two had gotten together! They'd blow that beagle away - who was very impressive to watch, btw. Not sure how you ran across that, but thanks for sharing it! You can sure see the wheels turning!

And here we have Brodie, who had to be taught how to jump on the couch....

jomuir, mimiretz, Calliesmom and 2 others like this.