Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

CC Brush Question

Discussion in 'Grooming' started by Sandy in CT, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    I have a Fusion 20 MM Pocket brush that I use on Brodie. I had bought a cheaper, small slicker brush, but he's never liked it. I am getting ready to order a 16MM CC T-Brush and wondering if I need a slicker as well? If so, how do you choose the head size and shape? There are SO many options! Can I just get away with the T-Brush?

2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I have so many brushes and combs! I recently got a T-Brush and I like it a lot!

Sandy in CT likes this.
  3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    I love my CC t-brush so much that I have two! I also have Maddens but the t-brush is my favorite.

Yes, you do still need a slicker. It helps distribute the oils through the coat and "finishes" the grooming. I have all of these. This one is firmer and has longer pins if the dog is shedding and the coat is dense. This one has shorter pins and is a good slicker for finishing. This one falls in between those two, more all-purpose and softer pins but will go through the coat well. It's my favorite.

Sandy in CT likes this.
  4. Sandy in CT

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Ann, the link on your favorite does not work, but from the title of it I see it is the CC Mark II Small slicker. With 6, you've probably tried out everything there is and know what works. I did order a t-brush and slicker. Thanks!!!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019 at 7:17 AM
    Ann likes this.
  5. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Almost forgot, Sandy, just in case you want to spend more money....this is the brush I use for legs and ears. It's a great size and really useful! Chris Christensen Triangle Slicker

6. Sandy in CT

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Ann.... the enabler! :)

Think I will have to wait on that one for a bit but thank you for the suggestion. I was wondering what the odd shaped ones would be used for!

You know, I don't ever remember my mom brushing the sheltie we grew up with. I know she trimmed her pants for the dingle-berries and know she must have, but I don't remember it or shedding. Sarah Lee wasn't a poofy dog although she did have a nice coat.

Ann likes this.
  7. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    :yuckyuck:yuckyuck:yuckyuck