Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

CC Ice Slip brush

Discussion in 'Grooming' started by SheepOfBlue, Dec 21, 2022.

1. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Normally other than to say Chris Christensen brushes are $$ but awesome I would not post this. But I got a 20mm Ice Slip that is a dematting brush on Amazon kind of on a lark. Spitfire dislikes the rake more than most brushes and this 'normal' looking brush was a dematter according to Amazon. So I went for it. It really seems to be like a rake with less pulling and thus less hate. The true test would have been Angus but so far I recommend it as an alternative to a rake. Looks normal but gets deep hair well.
    https://chrischristensen.com/ice-slip-20mm-pin-brush/

Piper's mom, Ann and Sharon7 like this.
  2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I thought I knew all of the CC brush line and have drooled over them at show vendors but this is one I haven't seen. Thanks, Sheep! This one looks like a keeper, I may have to invest in it. I have some rakes too but they do pull and I hate that.

Tip: I see CC recommends using it with their Ice on Ice products. They are great, but for a cheaper and equally effective alternative, buy a bottle of Infusium Leave-In Conditioner at the drugstore and dilute it with water, then spray when you brush. Helps untangle and leaves the coat nice too!

Piper's mom, Sharon7 and SheepOfBlue like this.
  3. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    I have Ice and Ice now. Angus objected to being sprayed but it made brushing him out so fantastic. That boy had some hair :ROFLMAO: Spitfire's coat is decent but declining a bit with age. I might test some Thick and Thicker on him next bath. I have some sample kits with it. I could even do him Gold and Golder I think if I did not give the small bottles to my folks for the shiatsu bear.

4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Thanks for the tip Sheep…I’m always open to a new extra CC brush and this one looks good!
    I placed an order (I don’t order CC from Amazon…too expensive) with Tybrushe (a Canadian company in Alberta) and since I needed a few extra things I also ordered a teasing comb and thinning scissors among other things lol. For those in Canada Tybrushe is way cheaper than Amazon even with the shipping charges.

Sharon7, Ann and Ron Atkinson like this.
  5. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    Used it on his highness again tonight while he lay on his side. He would NEVER have let me do that with the rake. Did get a fair amount of under coat.....

Chris, Sharon7, Ann and 2 others like this.
  6. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Looks like a nice option. A few years back, DS got me a Mason Pearson brush for Christmas. What a gen that is!!

7. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    That is very, very similar to my FAVORITE CC brush... The Fusion Pocket Pin brush. It is lightweight, small in the hand, and just awesome for line brushing. I have carpal tunnel that flares up every so often and this brush doesn't bother me. I have 6 or 7 other CC brushes but grab this almost exclusively. I don't use rakes - ever - this brush does an amazing job on undercoats but the dogs think it's like some 'spa treatment' - they LOVE their brushing time so it must feel good to them, not painful. https://chrischristensen.com/fusion-pocket-pin-brush/

I am not a fan of Ice on Ice - I think it leaves an undesirable coating on the fur that I can feel after a bit. I switched to Crown Royale Magic Touch Formula 2 this year and am much more satisfied with it after using Ice on Ice on Brodie the last 2 - 3 years. I use 1 tsp to 1 cup water and use these bottles off Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08DKRW7KY/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am not sure if I am saving money with the change, but I like the product far better. It smells really good, but best to me is I can use it even with weekly grooming and I don't get a build up like I did with the Ice on Ice. I do feel Ice on Ice did a better job of preventing rusting during the summer in Brodie's coat, but the build up required more bathing.

I also use their Bodifier Texturizing spray but only after bathing if I want them to really look extra special sharp.

8. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I ordered the Ice slip brush today (as well as a CC Butter comb)…can’t wait to try it out! I also ordered a brush cleaner (not expensive)…has anyone used a brush cleaner? I’m just wondering if it extends the life of the brushes. Sure doesn’t take much to blow lots of money on the dogs…4 things and boom $150 lol. I’m sure the dogs would rather have cookies:ROFLMAO:.

Ann, Margi, SheepOfBlue and 1 other person like this.