Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Chat Permissions

Discussion in 'Forum Upgrade' started by Silaria, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    I was looking at all the new functionality available to us through the new forum software and decided to try the new two-step validation for my account since I already have Google Authenticator loaded on my phone and my email typically takes a long time to send me password information.

That function seems to be working fine, however I'm now seeing "You don't have the necessary permissions to use the chat". Is this related to my enabling the two-step validation or are other changes going on behind the scenes that may have temporarily disabled the chat function?

2. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
    I was working with that today Silaria. The chat feature can be viewed by everyone but being able to post will be a premium member perk. Since you are a premium member I must have turned a setting off by mistake. Let me double check.

3. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
  4. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    I'm still receiving the same not You don't have permission message. I tried refreshing my browser to see if that would make a difference or not.

One other thing with the chat, and I don't know if this is changeable or not, the date/time stamp next to each post is dark gray with black letters so it's impossible to read. Can one of the two be changed to a lighter color?

5. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
    OK, I changed one other thing that I think might turn it back on for you? I'll get with Matt later to see what I might have done. :eek:

6. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Sill getting the same error. Thanks for looking into it; at least it's not a function critical to the overall forum. It can wait until you can get together with Matt later.

7. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
    Thanks for trying again Silaria.

8. MattW

MattW Administrator

Jan 14, 2016
    Rotherham, UK
    Just made the colour change now. Better?

9. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Much, the text is readable now. Thanks Matt.

MattW likes this.
  10. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
    Thank you Matt!

MattW likes this.