Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Chewy Surprise!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by RikyR, Sep 16, 2018.

1. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    A month or so ago, I purchased a bag of freeze dried minnow treats from Chewy. Zulu would not touch them unless I chopped them up and mixed them in his food. He does not care what is in his dinner bowl, it gets eaten. I posted a review, not negative, just my experience with the product. Almost right away I got an email from Chewy, giving me a total refund on the product. They also asked if I would send them a picture of Zulu to post on their bulletin board. A few days ago, I came home to find a package from Chewy. I had not ordered anything, so I was curious as to what they were sending me. Imagine my surprise when I opened the package! A very good hand painted picture of Zulu! We had it framed, and now it sits on our mantle. Everyone that has seen it wants to know who did it, and they are surprised as we were that Chewy did it!

Attached Files:

Jams, Hanne, corbinam and 2 others like this.
  2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    That is so cool! I love Chewy...I get my food, supplements and now medications from them. They're fantastic. This week I got a shipment of food bags in a box with two boxes of biscuits wedged in the side. The biscuits were crushed and in crumbs. I emailed them and the next day I had two brand new boxes at my door for free. Their customer service is phenomenal.

sable likes this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Yes, I have been very pleased with Chewy’s customer service as well.

I had ordered soft chews for Logan and when the 5 packages arrived they were hard as a rock, I thought they were just old but I checked the date! They fell within the sell by date. I had ordered two socks prior to this purchase and they were soft! I was so disappointed. I contacted customer support and they sent out a replacement the next day.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    sable likes this.
  4. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    Add me the list of Chewy lovers. I tried another on-line competitor and it was a fiasco. I never knew when I would receive items (I did get a lot of free things- but when I order food, I need that food sooner rather than the 3 weeks it often took to receive it.) Switched to Chewy. I had them ship a very large container of cat treats that I didn't order, and they skipped the canned food I did order. I received the canned food the next day, no charge, no muss, no fuss. They ship when they say they will. My biggest problem is that I need a 4.5 week autoship option. So, I just stick with 4 weeks and change it to 5 every so often. But on Friday, I needed to have them ship cat food sooner than my autoship. Changed it to "Ship Now". Had that food by noon on Saturday. I have ordered new dog crates, cat trees, toys, all sorts of things.

sable likes this.
  5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Same here. They've been wonderful. We even got Brooke a new divided slow-down bowl (Eli chewed up her old one :mad1: ) and it was much cheaper than at the pet store. I get my food and green lipped mussel powder, toothpaste and brushes from them. One time a bag of food came with a rip in it, and when we contacted them, they sent out a new bag right away, no questions asked. Awesome customer service that I wish other businesses would imitate!! :yes:

RikyR and sable like this.
  6. sable

sable Premium Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Ohio
    Goes to show us they are a reputable and credible company. Nice dealing with them.
    Yes I agree, I wish some businesses I deal with were as great as Chewy.

7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    yes- we've gotten some paintings as well- the package was in my mail around Christmas time and I had no idea what it was as I hadn't ordered anything. I was very surprised when I opened the package. I had ordered some stuff for Cran and Dix and didn't get it in the two days that I expected and emailed them. had a nice email conversation with about 3 different reps and one had asked for pix and I said I didn't need to wait for the package to arrive to do that. I sent them a group pic and they all loved the shelties - the artist did an individual painting of each dog from that pic.
    A friend from work had the same thing happen after she had an issue but hers were done by a different artist.

8. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    We LOVE Chewy here at Nattering Springs!! Hubby likes to have two bins full, plus a bag on standby, so I think Chewy loves us, too! :lol: