Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Chicken liver

Discussion in 'BARF, Raw & Natural Diets' started by lukabear, Dec 31, 2009.

1. lukabear

lukabear Forums Enthusiast

Nov 22, 2009
    Mississippi
    Is it okay to add some cooked liver to a small amount of kibble?

We're working on gettin them back on a feeding schedule (Christmas was hectic). My mom made some liver for the outside cats, and Luka went nuts for it. So I put about 3 tablespoons of chopped cooked liver, added to less than 1/4 c. of kibble.

They ate it all.

it seems like it'd be great to use to get them on an eating schedule.

Any ill effects I should know about? Or is there a better way to go about this?

Thanks!

2. mbfrench

mbfrench Forums Celebrity

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    I've never had a problem,as we have done this countless times for Earnhardt.If I buy a whole roaster chicken,I take the giblets,heart,liver,cook them first,and cut up in a meal for him. I don't use the neck,because of all the small bones,plus not much meat there. He really enjoys it on occasion.

Not ever done it with Trapp.I would'nt see where there is any harm.Plus I'm sure it is quite good for them.

3. elaine2004

elaine2004 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2008
    Landaff, NH
    Perfectly fine !

I cook for Kia daily and I switch between Beef liver and Chicken Drumsticks . I place the liver or chicken in a saucepot add water and a vitamin along with a tsp. of applecider vinegar. Then I add about a tablespoon of brown rice . I simmer this in a beef or chicken stock and when done I let it sit for about 15 mins then cut the meat and add the strained rice with some of the Stock and she absolutely loves it. Her fur is fantastic and she has tons of energy. I also leave a 1/2 cup of Merricks dry kibble usually the Turducken for her to nibble on at nightfor her supper meal. She usually will nibble at will sometimes she eats it all other times not.:yes: