Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Chrysanthemums poisonous!

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Wendy C, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    KarenCurtis likes this.
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Well I didn't know that, and I have some plants outside in pots, but the dogs have never bothered them! :uhoh:

Wendy C and KarenCurtis like this.
  3. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    I am an avid gardener - to tell the truth, many of our beloved plants CAN be poisonous to different animals. I would say, however, that unless you have an adventurous vegetarian, most animals seem to have a sense about plants that aren't good for them - us humans, not a clue, but they seem to. Don't get me wrong, I think it is important to educate yourself on plants, then keep an eye on yours to see if they do show interest, but I'd doubt it. A good many of our beloved indoor plants are poisonous to pets as well.

JacqueZ and Wendy C like this.
  4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Thanks for the post! I had NO idea!

Wendy C and KarenCurtis like this.
  5. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Well there goes THAT thought of mine - a posting just covered a puppy that ate Hydrangea leaves and got ill. So does happen and you do have to be careful!

ghggp and Wendy C like this.
  6. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Thank heavens mine are totally uninterested in the garden! But if a puppy comes...

ghggp and Wendy C like this.
  7. sable

sable Premium Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Ohio
    Velcro Buck will pee on the ones sitting on the patio. The bunnies had a great time eating some of my
    plants. Buck runs with dried leaves from the tree, but he is not a flower lover. He just thinks a plant
    needs some water, so he will lift up his leg, thank goodness most plants are in high planters.
    The deer are having a feast around the neighborhood.

Wendy C likes this.
  8. mimiretz

mimiretz Premium Member

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    Oberon occasionally has a mouthful or two of grass, but that's the only plant he's ever shown interest in. Tree bark and pinecones are a whole other story!

Wendy C likes this.