Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Club agility 2018

Discussion in 'Agility' started by Calliesmom, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    so it looks like I didn't post anything about last weekend. it was our club's trial so we were there for all 3 days....

Destin Qd in nov Fast on Friday but he didn't do the teeter in Std later that day so the next day in Fast, when he missed something we turned that run into teeter practice. he ended up only getting Qs in Jww after that Fast Q- no Std Qs.
    Fri nov std
    nov jww
    Sat Fast
    nov std
    nov jww
    Sun
    nov std
    nov jww

Jocu Qd in Jww on Fri and Sat- he dropped a bar on Sunday but we didn't get video of that run so no idea what happened there...

Dixie had no Qs at all that weekend- weaves or contacts- not as many dropped bars as we've been having......
    Fri std
    Fri jww

Sat std
    jww

Sun std
    jww

2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    That was one packed schedule!

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    it is actually easier now that I'm running Dixie at 12"- when she and Jocu were both in 16" jww, I had to make sure that they were split far enough apart that I could treat one and put that one away and still have time to get the other one and get back to the ring....

Cara Sandler likes this.
  4. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    I'm going to have that problem in Rally! Thankfully in agility Spirit is now in 8" preferred, while Skylar is in 12". Though they could theoretically still be up very close to each other in the running order.

Calliesmom likes this.
  5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    yes- that is true. most of the trial secretaries around here also run multiple dogs so they are very sensitive to the multidog handler. so Dixie ran in the early part of 12" Jww and Jocu was in the middle of the 16" Jww. then in Std, Dixie was closer to the end as she is the only dog that I'm running in Mst Std.

I solved the rally issue by entering one dog on Sat and the other dog on Sun. the very first trial I had entered Cran and Dix both in Rally Novice- one day, there was one dog between them and the other day, 2 dogs. not enough time to put one away and get the other out and warmed up. then I started to do Beginner Novice so the dog not in Rally did that class. I continued that with Preferred Novice.
    Right now, Cran is going in Rally Master, Rally Excellent and Rally Advanced. I have Destin entered in Rally Novice. Jocu has one leg in Rally Adv but he needs some more off leash practice before I enter him again and I'm not ready to run him in the same class as Cran.
    I think I'll need a break sometime:winkgrin:

Cara Sandler likes this.
  6. Cara Sandler

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    I have no idea what I was thinking, but there is a Rally trial coming up in April. Two trials per day, both Saturday and Sunday. Spirit really doesn't do well when she has 4 runs in a day, so she is only entered in the morning trial both days, but in Advanced and Excellent to start working on her RAE. I entered Skylar in all 4 trials, in both Intermediate and Advanced. I must have lost my mind! The trials are tiny - limited to 45 dogs total - so I am almost definitely going to have a problem!!!! LOL, thankfully everyone has been very helpful in the past when I've had to run my dogs back to back (or almost).

Yeah, in the future I should probably either enter one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, or one Saturday and one Sunday. Good idea :)

Thankfully, for Skylar's first agility trial, it is a 2 ring, but 1 judge trial. And for once, the timing has worked out in my favor. The approximate times for that will be Skylar at 8:00, at 9:30, and 2:30. Spirit will be in the ring at 11:25 and 1:10. And I will be one exhausted mama because the trial is over an hour away, and Skylar has to be measured! So basically I have to leave the house by 5:45 am!!!!!

7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    woo- you are ambitious there... When we did the 4 trial weekend in Rally, I only entered Cran in it. well he needed the RAE legs to qualify for the RNC and that's what we really focused on last year. We never even bothered to go to that trial before......
    now we've added the Master class too so he can get that title also.
    Agility - I very much prefer the two ring, 1 judge trials- makes it way easier on the multidog/multilevel handler. I have a friend up north- she loves the 2 ring/2 judge trials because she can be done by lunch- but she's only running one dog who is in masters everything. She has a puppy now so she'll soon see what it's like when you have a dog in novice and one in masters.......

Cara Sandler likes this.
  8. Cara Sandler

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    Yup, I suspect she will change her tune :)