Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

club obedience/rally trial Nov 2018

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by Calliesmom, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    so we've been very delinquent in our show updates.
    it appears that our last agility update was in Sep 2018 and last rally/obedience update was in October 2018.
    we had two agility trials in Nov- one Nadac and one AKC.
    we also had an obedience/rally trial in Nov
    will update the agility ones when I find the videos...

Dixie was entered in obedience- preferred novice both days since she only needed one more Q for her title. and I wanted the insurance leg since I had only entered her one day at her previous attempt to title and she failed to Q.
    so she did Q on Saturday and our club offers a high in trial preferred prize which she won as she was the only preferred dog to Q. so I ran her on Sunday to try for that again but we had a nonqualifying incident so there won't be video of that run.
    She was also entered in team on Sat and brace on Sun with Cran.
    there are multiple videos for the team fun and games......................

Cran was entered in Rally Master, Excellent B and Advanced B on both days.
    He got his Master title and RAE2 on Saturday.

Jocu was in Rally Intermediate on Sat and Destin was in that class on Sun. both need to learn the stand, walk around your dog skill.

videos
    Dixie preferred novice Sat
    team 1
    team 2
    team 3

Cran RM Sat
    Cran RE Sat
    Cran RA Sat

Jocu RI Sat

CranDix brace Sun
    brace 2

Cran RM Sun
    Cran RE Sun
    Cran RA Sun

Destin RI

ghggp and Caro like this.
  2. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Ooohhh, setting in to watch!!

Calliesmom likes this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan

Just watched Dixey’s Run and it has been such a long time since I won any obedience classes. I was surprised to see at the end how you guys executed a sit stay as you walked completely around the ring. Is that new? I never saw that before. Also, never saw a class where multiple dogs did anything together other than a long sit or down stay.

It always amazes me how few men seem to compete in obedience. More seem to go for agility.

Piper's mom likes this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Yes what was that? Is that in place of the sit/down stays? The team obedience looked like it was lots of fun! Wish we had options like that here!

5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Team obedience is a non-regular obedience class- it is just like regular novice except that the recall is replaced by the drop on recall. Not many clubs offer it but I think it's cool. I saw it at a close obedience trial several years ago and eventually decided to offer it and brace obedience. I did have to talk some people into being on the team at this past trial- not sure if you could read the signs but 2 of them had signs pointing to me saying it was my fault.......

so Dixie was in Preferred Novice- the biggest difference between it and regular novice is the sit/down stay, handler walks around the ring. that part is more like Beginner Novice. It is really hard now to keep track of things since AKC made many significant changes to pretty much all the obedience classes last year.

I have seen men competing at obedience trials- I can only think of one that does obedience and agility- most are one or the other. I also think it depends on where you are in the country. My club(s) don't have any men currently but have in the past. Other clubs do have some men but the majority of people that I see in dog sports are women.