Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Colonel Underpants Deployed

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Chris, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    fullsizeoutput_a2d4.jpeg YcWvK9BYSKqPTGrpwM75xQ.jpg IMG_2627.jpg IMG_2622.jpg IMG_2663.jpg Finally Mom took me on a deployment. It was just me and her. We did not bivouac. We stayed in a cabin. We drove for miles and miles along Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway! We stopped at Dark Hollow Falls and we had a hike!! Everyone said I was beautiful. A man called me a magnificent animal. I am magnificent!

Then we came to Crabtree Falls. The campground was along a rushing river. We had a cabin. A cabin is a big wooden doghouse. Mom said I would do better with a cabin for my first camp-out. I got steak and eggs. We went to the falls, and they were big and wet and loud. We climbed the falls trail. It was HARD, and we only went halfway because it was more than two miles almost straight up! We drank from the water, and it was good! Mom says I am a good camper. We are Colonels!! We made a fire twice! I drank out of the river! It was good, and I did not fall in (well, nearly, but Mom caught me. It happened because I fell asleep on a boulder, and when I woke up, I forgot where I was and slid down the side.) We are going back next September!

Colonel Underpants

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    Roberta, JacqueZ, Margi and 7 others like this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    WOW, MAGNIFICENT YOU ARE Colonel Underpants! What a beautiful photo of you with the mountains in the background!

Every sheltie should be as lucky as you to have so many great adventures!

Chris likes this.
  3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    great pic:yes:

Chris likes this.
  4. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    pennsylvania
    Beautiful pictures. We love Skyline drive. We took Hollie there numerous time. I think Shelby would go insane barking at all he deer and bear

Chris likes this.
  5. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    You absolutely are magnificent! And Spirit said to tell you not to worry about almost falling in.

Chris likes this.
  6. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Minnie here:
    Colonel Underpants -You are so beautiful and brave :hugs

I really hope mom read this - it should be in the dog law

Chris and ghggp like this.
  7. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Wow what a lucky, lucky boy! I hope every one of your deployments is as wonderful as this one. The scenery is just gorgeous and it looks like a wonderful time of year to do it. Good job, Colonel Underpants!

Chris likes this.